“My imap.aol.com is not responding” is what many users report to us frequently. You will be thrilled to know that in today’s blog, you will finally find countless ways to fix this problem. The problem of imap.aol.com not responding indicates an error with the loading. We will help you understand this problem by defining its possible causes. We will also share with you many solutions to settle this error on several models of iPhone such as iPhone 7, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, and iPhone X. You can use these solutions for this error on iPad and other devices too.
Read further and resolve this IMAP AOL mail server problem effortlessly with our blog.
What is IMAP.AOL.COM?
AOL is an America-based online service provider. AOL has been delivering free email addresses for a long time and is known for its unlimited mailbox storage. The AOL email users are not required to delete emails to make room for the new ones. However, at times, AOL email users can face the problem of imap.aol.com not responding. You can know more about this problem in the following section.
What Does IMAP.AOL.COM Not Responding Mean?
In the simplest of words, the imap.aol.com not responding message indicates a loading problem. When you refresh your emails you will get this error message. The presence of this error message will indicate that imap.aol.com is not working due to some reasons. You might not be able to receive or access new mails until you troubleshoot this error.
Before we move on to troubleshoot this imap.aol.com error, let us take a look at its causes for a better understanding.
Why is My IMAP.AOL.COM Not Responding?
Imap.aol.com might not be responding to your device due to multiple reasons. These reasons have been discussed below.
1. AOL mail loading problem can result due to a wrong internet connection on your device.
2. Technical obstacles in the email server can also be the reasons why imap.aol.com does not respond.
3. Due to massive incoming and outgoing emails, AOL Mail com can stop responding.
4. Not entering the correct AOL password can also be the reason why you are seeing this problem.
5. There could be a problem or a bug in the AOL mail application. Uninstalling and then reinstalling the application can be helpful if that is the case.
6. An internet connection with weak signals can trigger multiple loading problems including mail server imap.aol.com not responding.
7. Many-a-times, incorrect details for the imap.aol.com server as well as incorrect login details can cause this problem.
8. If your device has security programs, then these could be interfering with the functioning of AOL mail server.
How to Fix IMAP.AOL.COM Not Responding?
In this section, you will find 5 simple solutions to settle the problem of the AOL mail server not responding on your device. These solutions include uninstalling and reinstalling your AOL mail account, updating your AOL account details, checking your AOL login details, disabling the security programs on your device, and manually configuring IMAP connection.
Fix 1: Uninstall and Reinstall AOL Account
One of the best solutions for imap.aol.com not responding is uninstalling and reinstalling the account. At times, due to massive outgoing and incoming emails, the AOL mail account dysfunctions. That is why this problem occurs. Uninstalling and then reinstalling it will auto-correct the settings to resolve the problem. Let’s see the steps for this fix.
1. Open the “Settings” on your phone.
2. Once the “Settings” opens, scroll down and go to “Accounts and password”.
3. You will see a list of email accounts which you use. Tap the email Id which is not responding.
4. Use the red button to delete that account.
5. Press the “Back” button to go to the “Main menu”. Allow your phone some time to synchronize the new setting.
6. Again open the “Settings”.
7. Go to “Accounts and password”.
8. Next, go to “Add account”.
9. You will see a list of email ID providers like Gmail, Ymail, AOL, etc. Select the AOL account that is causing the problems.
10. Once you select the AOL email account, you will be asked to enter your username and password. Enter these details and your account will start working again.
Fix 2: Update Your Account Details
When you access your account and come across a message saying that mail server imap.aol.com is not responding, we will suggest you to check the account configuration settings. In case you have provided any wrong details for this server, you will see this message. So, update your account details correctly. Also, ensure that the server address is “imap.aol.com”. The port number should be “587”. And the authentication type should be “SSL”.
Fix 3: Check Your AOL Login Details
Sometimes, despite updating your account details, the IMAP AOL server will not work. If you are thinking why that happens, let us tell you that an error in the login details could be the cause of the same. IMAP will not be able to sync when the account login details are incorrect. Therefore, examining the AOL account login details will be suggested.
Fix 4: Disable Security Programs
Our research has shown that disabling the security programs works when the mail server imap.aol.com is not responding. Security programs can interfere with the functioning of the result. Further, the account will not be able to sync. That is why disabling the security programs on your device will help you to remove this interference.
Fix 5: Manually Configure IMAP Connection
In this section of the blog, you can learn how to configure IMAP connection manually. Read all the 10 steps given below to ensure that the configuration is administered without any error.
1. On your device, open the “Settings” or press the “Gear” icon.
2. Select “Add account”.
3. In the “Add account” window, fill in your email address and password of your AOL email account.
4. Now, press the “Login” button.
5. Tap the “Settings” icon again.
6. Then select “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
7. Then go to the panel “Mail server input or output”.
8. Now, configure the incoming mail server configuring options as follows.
Incoming account type: IMAP
Incoming mail server: imap.aol.com
Incoming user name: Name displayed to the recipients
Received email address: AOL email account user’s email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Inbox password: User’s AOL email account password
Entry door number: 993
9. Next, configure the outgoing mail server configuring options as follows.
Outgoing mail server: smtp.aol.com
Outgoing email address: AOL email account user’s email address (email@example.com)
Outgoing password: User’s AOL email account password
Outgoing port number: 587
10. The final step is to tap the “Save changes” button.
How to Fix IMAP.AOL.COM Not Responding on iPhone?
If the imap.aol.com server is not responding on your iPhone, then we know at least 8 solutions that will definitely settle this problem. In these solutions, we will tell you how to reinstall your AOL email account on your iPhone, configure IMAP connection, unlock the Google captcha, and force stop the application. These solutions also include checking the internet connection, quitting and launching the AOL mail app again, turning the airplane mode on and off, and refreshing your inbox.
Fix 1: Ensure that Your Internet Connection is Strong
When imap.aol.com is not responding on iPhone, the first solution will be to ensure that your internet connection is strong. Weak signals of the internet will give rise to such a loading problem. You can also try placing your device closer to the internet connection.
Fix 2: Quit Your AOL Mail App and Launch it Again
Sometimes, the cause of imap.aol.com not giving a response could be a problem in the mail application. Therefore, we will suggest you to quit the mail application completely. Then launch it again after some time. Then access the AOL mail app. The problem will not bother you anymore.
Fix 3: Turn Airplane Mode on and off
The next fix for imap.aol.com not responding on your iPhone involves turning the airplane mode on and off. Doing so will disable the wireless transmission functions. Perform this fix on your device in 6 short steps.
1. Swipe down the screen to access the “Control Panel” of your iPhone.
2. Tap on “Airplane mode”.
3. Next, turn the Airplane mode on.
4. Wait for a few minutes.
5. Now, turn it off.
6. Finally, check whether the IMAP AOL account problem has been fixed.
Fix 4: Refresh Your Inbox
If your mail server imap.aol.com is not responding iPhone due to a poor internet connection, then you can try refreshing your inbox. Refreshing the inbox is a simple fix and has proved to be effective for a number of AOL mail users facing the same error.
Fix 5: Reinstall AOL Email Account on iPhone
In this solution, we will tell you how to remove and reinstall an AOL email account on your iPhone. This solution can be performed in 8 steps.
1. Open the “Settings” on your iPhone.
2. Go to “Accounts and passwords”.
3. Select “AOL email account”.
4. Tap ‘Delete account”.
5. To reinstall the AOL email account, open the “Settings”.
6. Then go to “Accounts and passwords”.
7. Click on “Add account”.
8. Select the email account from the list. Then enter your username and password.
9. Now, access your AOL mail account without any hassle.
Fix 6: Configure IMAP Connection on iPhone
The imap.aol.com not responding iPhone error can be resolved in no time by configuring the connection on the device. Read the 12 steps given below to configure IMAP connection quickly.
1. Open “Settings” on your iPhone.
2. Go to “Accounts and passwords”.
3. Tap “Add account”.
4. Tap “Other”.
5. Now, click on “Add mail account”.
6. Type in your name, email address, password, and account description.
7. Then press “Next”.
8. Now, tap “Done”.
9. In case the mail is unable to find your settings, then you will have to enter them manually.
10. Again tap “Next”.
11. Press ‘Save” to finish.
12. Now, wait for the email sync to begin. After the sync is complete, you can open the AOL mail app.
Fix 7: Unlock Google Captcha on iPhone
Unlocking Google captcha on iPhone has proved to be helpful in many instances when the problem of no response from imap.aol.com turns up. Let us see how to perform this solution.
1. Open the web browser on your iPhone.
2. Then go to the URL “https://www.google.com/a/domainname.com/UnlockCaptcha”.
3. Create a genuine domain name of the Google Apps by changing the domainname.com.
4. Provide the Gmail account username and password.
5. Fill in the “Captcha phrase” as in the image.
6. Now, go through the instructions on your screen.
7. Tap “Unlock” when the procedure is complete.
Fix 8: Force Stop and Restart App on iPhone
In this solution, we will tell you how to force stop the AOL mail app and then restart it. This is the shortest solution for this problem and can be performed in just 3 steps.
1. On your iPhone, press the “Home” button twice.
2. Then swipe up on the app’s image.
3. Now, you will be required to launch the app again. After this procedure, the AOL mail server problem will not appear again.
Note: This method will be the most suitable for devices with iOS 9.3 and later versions.
How to Fix IMAP.AOL.COM Not Responding on iPhone 7, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, and iPhone X?
In this part of the blog, we will tell you what to do when the imap.aol.com server stops to respond on your iPhone 7, iPhone 8, iPhone 11 as well as iPhone X. This fix involves resetting the network settings. The details of this fix have been provided below.
Fix 1: Reset Network Settings
As an effective fix for imap.aol.com not responding iPhone 7/iPhone 8/iPhone 11/iPhone X, you can try resetting the network settings. Below you can find the 5-step procedure for resetting the network settings on your device.
1. Open the “Settings”.
2. Tap “General”.
3. Tap “Reset”.
4. Locate and select the option for “Reset network settings” under “Reset”.
5. Once the reset is complete, check whether the error has been settled.
Note: When you select the option for “Reset network settings” under “Reset”, the wifi passwords and networks, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings will also get reset.
How to Fix IMAP.AOL.COM Not Responding on iPad?
For those of you who are using the AOL mail app on iPad, the solution of the app’s server not responding has been provided in this section. In this solution, we will tell you how to update the device’s software using different methods to fix this problem.
Fix 1: Update Software on iPad
In case imap.aol.com does not respond on your iPad, then you can update its software. Having the latest software update will troubleshoot such errors. Here, we have shown two methods for updating the device’s software. These methods include updating the device’s software wirelessly and via your computer. Before you update the software of your device, it will be helpful to make a backup via iCloud or by using your system.
Update Device’s Software Wirelessly:
1. Plug in your device for power.
2. Connect your device to wifi.
3. Open the “Settings”.
4. Go to “General”.
5. Click on the option of “Software update”.
6. Click on “Download and install”.
7. You may be asked to temporarily remove some apps to create more space for the software update. Press “Continue”/”Cancel”. In case you choose “Continue”, note that the removed apps will be reinstalled once the update is complete.
8. Now, click on “Install”.
9. You can also select “Later”. Then tap “Install tonight” or “Remind me later”. The update will be performed as per your preference.
10. You may be asked to enter your passcode while you update the software of your device.
11. Once the update is complete, access your AOL email account. The problem will have been fixed.
Update Device’s Software via Computer:
1. On your Mac, with macOS Catalina 10.15, launch “Finder”. If your Mac has macOS Mojave 10.14 or former versions, then open “iTunes”.
2. Now, connect your iPad to your computer.
3. Find your device on the computer.
4. Go to “Settings” or “General”.
5. Now, you have to click on “Check for update”.
6. Then click on “Download and update”.
7. You may be asked to fill in your passcode. Provide it in the required space.
8. Once the update finishes, you can access your AOL email account without any error.
Note: You can use the two procedures given above for updating the software of your iPad as well as your iPhone and iPod touch.
Summing up Our Blog
Now that you have read this informative blog, we hope the problem of the imap.aol.com server not responding will not be difficult for you to deal with. Our promising solutions will definitely fix this problem quickly on a wide range of devices. In case you need help with the AOL email settings, we have already authored the best guide for this. Click here to read it now.