How to fix carriage jam problem in HP Photosmart & OfficeJet printers
Hewlett-Packard printers, like HP OfficeJet or Photosmart printers, offer efficient and cost-effective printing solutions for your home and office needs. However, due to age and continuous use, your printer may undergo wear and tear and may experience issues and display error messages. One such error is HP Printer ‘Carriage Jam’ error that may stall your printer carriage and bring your printing experience to zero. When you face HP Photosmart Carriage Jam or HP OfficeJet Carriage Jam, you would hear a grinding noise from your printer as it attempts to move the carriage. This occurs because the actuator arm is stuck and is preventing the carriage from moving.
In case you are facing HP Printer Carriage Jam error on your HP OfficeJet or Photosmart printer, we can help. Our HP expert technicians can help you fix the error message in no time. Simply dial our toll free HP customer support number +1-844-414-5222 and get in touch with them. Alternatively, you can also follow our step-by-step solution mentioned below and manually resolve the HP Printer Carriage Jam issue.
Resolution to the problem
- Turn your printer off by pressing the power button. Wait for one minute and press the power button again to turn the printer on.
- Print a test page. If the carriage jam error persists, proceed to the next step.
- Open the rear access door of the printer and remove any jammed paper including any torn pieces of paper from the roller. Skip this step if there is no jammed paper.
- If it does not fix the error, press the power button again to turn the printer off. Disconnect the power and USB or Ethernet cables.
- Lift the front access door and remove any paper from the cartridge path.
- Move the cartridge back and forth and from left to right.
- Reconnect the power cord and press the power button to turn the printer on. Print a test page. If the error persists, proceed to the next step.
- Press the power button again to turn the printer off. Disconnect the power cord and remove the plug from the electrical outlet. Wait 30 seconds. Plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet and to the back of the printer. Press the power button to turn the printer on. Print a test page and check if the issue has been resolved.
This should resolve the HP Photosmart Carriage Jam or HP OfficeJet Carriage Jam error. However, if the issue still persists, call us on our HP printer repair number +1-844-414-5222. Our experts can solve the error message in no time and help you get going.