HP Laptop Boot Menu Function Key for Windows 7, 8 & 10
To answer the fundamental question of- How to Enter Boot Menu on HP Laptop? Consider the following solutions.
Solution 1: HP laptop boot menu function key
Access the boot menu
Struck with a black screen? Don’t panic, try using the Hp Laptop Boot Menu to seek redressal. All you need to do is follow the below steps, and you can find the solution.
- Step 1 – Start the laptop by hitting the start button on your laptop or restart your laptop.
- Step 2 – If you are welcomed with a blank display, don’t panic. Just press the F10 key, and you would be directed to the BIOS setting menu.
- Step 3 – After entering the BIOS setting enter the F9 key to reset the BIOS to the default settings.
- Step 4 – After changing the settings to the default one’s press the F10 key to save the changes and then exit from the BIOS setting menu.
Solution 2: Advanced Boot Option
Try using the advanced boot option to boot your laptop and resolve any issues faced by the system. This can even be performed by the HP Laptop Boot Menu Function Key. Just follow the below steps.
- Step 1 – Switch off the laptop and make sure that the power is down.
- Step 2 – Press the power button of your laptop. When the screen is on, your system might be going through a self-test that is it is identifying the connected hardware, thus bringing it to a functional state.
- Step 3 – As the screen lights up, the logo appears. The moment the logo disappears begin taping the F8 key on your keyboard.
- Step 4 – After the action if you can see the windows loading screen then you have made a mistake, as you might have failed to press the F8 key early. If this happens to start again with Step 1.
- Step 5 – If not, then you will be able to successfully enter the “Advanced Boot options,” where you can change the settings accordingly.
Solution 3 How To Secure Boot in Windows 8
Though the secured boot is enabled by default if it seems to be disabled try following the below steps, enable it by using the HP Laptop Boot Menu Key Windows 8.
- Step 1 – Turn off your laptop.
- Step 2 – After turning it off, turn it on and press ESC key repeatedly.
- Step 3 – The Startup menu would be displayed, press the F10 key to step in the BIOS setting.
- Step 4 – With the aid of arrow keys choose the System configuration and select Boot options. And then press the enter key.
- Step 5 – Again with the use of arrow keys select Legacy Support and enter. Select the disabled option if the option is enabled.
- Step 6 – Using the arrow keys again select “Secure Boot” option and press enter. With the up and down arrow keys select Enabled and press enter after enabling it.
- Step 7 – After all the selection press F10 for saving the changes and press exit, this would reboot your laptop with the secure boot being enabled.
Hopefully, the solutions provided above would let you solve the issue of – How to Enter the Boot Menu on HP Laptop? If not then try using other functional keys.