Invoices are basically a bill issued to the customer from the vendor. It contains a list of goods and services along with other details such as your address, company address, and so on. There can be instances when you require to update certain details shown on the invoices after the print. Be it company address, you may need to edit or change them due to some reasons. If you are wondering how to change company address in QuickBooks invoices, we will show you the whole procedure. Along with this, you will learn to change your address in QuickBooks. Let’s know more in further detail.
This comprehensive guide talks about how to change company address, your address in QuickBooks.
How to Change Company Address on Invoice in QuickBooks?
Invoices contain different types of information including your company address. Company address should always be accurate as your customers can contact you for a query. If your invoice has a wrong or old address of your company, make sure you update it immediately.
To do so, you are required to open the Account and Settings menu in QuickBooks and switch to the “Company” tab. Thereafter, you can move to the Address tab and update the Company address. If preferred, you can even use the same company address for the transaction forms. However, you have to place a checkmark for that.
Let’s have a look at the detailed steps for QuickBooks change company address invoice:
- In the “QuickBooks” account, navigate to the “Gear” icon.
- Then, click on the “Account and Settings” menu.
- Switch to the “Company” tab.
- At this point, you can click anywhere on the “Address” menu.
- Now, you can add the correct company address.
- In case you wish to use the same address for the transaction forms so that your customers can see then you need to select the “Same as company address” box. This should be located under the “Customer-facing address” section.
- Once done, you can hit the “Save” button.
This is how you can perform the procedure for QuickBooks change company address invoice. Now, your customers can connect with the right company address. However, you cannot correct the company address on the receipts that have been sent to the customers already.
When you update company address in QuickBooks, it is suggested to test the changes. For this, you can prepare a dummy receipt so that you can view how the company address would appear on the form.
How to Change Invoice Address in QuickBooks Online & Desktop?
If you are using a template, it includes your address. In case you want to update it, this can be done from the QuickBooks settings. Addresses can be changed in both QuickBooks Online and Desktop. Here, we will show the procedure for both versions.
Change Address on QuickBooks Invoices (Online Version)
To proceed with this, you just need to open Custom Form Styles from the Gear icon. Then, look for the relevant invoice and click on the Edit button. From here, you can switch to the Content tab, click the edit option to add the address. Make sure you save the details after making changes.
Here is the step by step guide:
- Click on the “Gear” icon located on the top right in QuickBooks Online.
- Then, switch to the “Custom Form Styles”.
- Here, you can search for an invoice in which you want to make changes.
- Once found, click on the “Edit” button.
- Moving on to the “Content” tab.
- Click the pencil icon to edit the details.
- Make sure you mark the “+Address” option.
- Then, enter the address.
- Press the “Done” button.
As you perform the aforementioned instructions, the address will be successfully saved in the invoice template.
Tip: After making changes to the invoice address in QuickBooks Online, you can clear the cache and browsing data of your web browser.
Change Address on Invoice in QuickBooks Desktop
In QuickBooks Desktop, the procedure of changing the address is a bit different than QuickBooks Online. Here, you need to open the invoice template from the Lists menu. Thereafter, you can edit the address. Let us show you how to do that.
- Go to the “Lists” menu.
- Click on the “Templates”.
- When you see the invoice template lists, you can click right on the template that you wish to edit.
- After that, click the “Edit Template” button.
- Now, click on the “Update Information” option. This is located under the “Company & Transaction Information” window.
- At this point, you may see the company address screen. If preferred then you can update the company address as well.
- Now, press the “Ok” button.
This is how you can update your address in QuickBooks Desktop. The procedure is almost in both versions. However, you need to be aware of the slightest change that we mentioned above.
Invoices include a number of details that should be accurate. For instance, if you have moved your company, the new address should be updated on the invoices. Similarly, other information such as email address and your address should be up to date. Through this guide, we have explained the procedure of QuickBooks change company address invoices. In addition, you have learned to change customer-facing your address in QuickBooks Online and Desktop.
Do you want to know more about QuickBooks invoices and credit cards? Check out the following links:-