Despite the powerful features of QuickBooks, the accounting software may have technical errors. One of the QuickBooks errors the file exists. The QuickBooks error the file exists may occur when you are working on different accounting features. You can see the error when you download payroll updates, open a federal or state form, and pay scheduled liabilities in QuickBooks.
- What is QuickBooks Error the File Exists.
- What are the Causes of QuickBooks Error The File Exists
- Troubleshoot to Fix the QuickBooks Error The File Exists
What is QuickBooks Error the File Exists.
Generally, it’s Displays the error on the screen setting that the QuickBooks error was the file exists . It happens when the file cannot be opened or due to technical errors. Before you reach to its solution, go through the reasons that may cause the error in QuickBooks.
What are the Causes of QuickBooks Error The File Exists
Behind every error in QuickBooks, there must be a few factors that cause errors such as The File Exists. Below are the following causes of QuickBooks error The file exists.
- When your Internet connection is not active on the system.
- The system firewall is improper or outdated.
- When the Internet security setting is incorrect.
- The QuickBooks Desktop application file is outdated.
- Windows User Account Control interrupts the QuickBooks software.
- The user does not have admin rights.
- QuickBooks installation is improper and, as a result, it is causing this error.
Troubleshoot to Fix the QuickBooks Error The File Exists
As is well known, a few of the common errors in QuickBooks get resolved right after you follow the troubleshooting solution. To fix this “The File Exists” error, you can go through these effective solutions to get rid of unwanted errors in QuickBooks accounting software.
Disable UAC in Windows Settings
- Firstly, go to Windows Settings.
- Here, you can search for the UAC option.
- If you find the UAC is enabled already then you can turn it off.
- When you are done disabling the UAC, you can reboot the system and check if the error still occurs.
Look for the Updates in QuickBooks Desktop
- To check for QuickBooks Desktop updates, you can launch the QB Desktop.
- Then, you can go to the Product Information located below the Help tab.
- From the dropdown menu, you can select the option correct year and version of the QuickBooks software.
- Now you can go to search and proceed by clicking on the option Get the Latest Updates.
- Once the relevant files have been located, you can save the data on your computer desktop.
- When the downloading process is done, you can proceed with the installation. Also, make sure that you are following the instructions properly that appear on your screen.
- In the end, you can reboot your system after all the updates are completely installed.
Register QuickBooks.DLL and .OCX file again with reboot.bat file
- To re-register for QuickBooks.DLL and .OCX file, you need to exit the QB Desktop application first.
- Next to this, you can click right on the QB icon on your desktop so that you can select Properties.
- Now, you can go to the Open File Location and search for the folder where reboot.bat file is stored.
- When you find the folder in which the reboot.bat file is present, you can run the file as an administrator.
- At this point, you will have to wait for a short while until the command prompt and then you can close it for once.
- Lastly, you can reboot your system and check if the QuickBooks error the file exists is fixed or not.
Allowance of Full Control Access to the User
- First thing, you can do is to right-click on the QB Desktop icon and choose the option; Open File Location.
- After that, you can go back by pressing the Backspace key on your keyboard.
- Now you can click right on the QuickBooks folder and select the properties.
- After that, you can hit the Edit button to select the Add option.
- At this point, select Everyone and then click the OK button.
- Now you need to select the Full Control option and click on Apply.
- After giving the full control access to the user, it is necessary to reboot your system. And then you can check if the error is still there or not.
Fix QuickBooks Error The File Exists while Printing Forms Issue
- First of all, make sure you are on your local desktop. Then, you can press the Windows + R keys. After this, type control and go with the Enter button.
- Next to this, you can choose the Devices and Printers option.
- Now, on the device, click right and select Remove option on the printer you are facing issues with.
- Now you can exit the QB Desktop and launch the task manager. For that, you can either go to the taskbar or use the CTRL + ALT + DEL key.
- Then, you can locate the QBW32.exe below the process tab and click right on it.
- Thereafter, end the whole process and click Yes after you see the confirmation prompt on your screen.
- Thereafter, you can navigate to Drive C then Program Data to go to Intuit. Then, you can visit the QuickBooks option.
- At this point, you can search and delete the file with the name QBPRINT.qbp.
- When you are done following these steps, you can reboot the system and try to print again.
After you follow the aforementioned methods, if nothing fixes the QuickBooks error the file exists, you can then try to reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop.
The troubleshooting methods should resolve QuickBooks error the file exists. Now whenever you find this windows error as the file exists, you can fix it by following the above-mentioned methods. These methods help you to troubleshoot the program and make the QuickBooks software work again in an appropriate manner.