QuickBooks event id 4 (also known as QuickBooks log error 4) is a very common QB problem. It occurs due to corrupt and damaged system files often putting your important company files in your system at risk. So to help you deal with this error, we have compiled this guide for you that discusses the following topics:
- What is QuickBooks Event id 4 Unexpected Error?
- How Does Your System React When You Receive QuickBooks Error Event id 4?
- What Are the Causes of QuickBooks 2010 Event id 4?
- How do you Fix QuickBooks Error id 4 in Event Viewer on Windows 10
- Other Ways to Get Rid of QuickBooks 2010 Event id 4
What is QuickBooks Event id 4 Unexpected Error?
When you launch QuickBooks Integration Manager, a pop-up may display on your screen stating that “Integration Manager could not connect to QuickBooks. Please make sure that it is open.”
There can be another unexpected error message that says QuickBooks Event ID 4 under the Windows Event Viewer.
You receive such problems when your QuickBooks Integration Manager fails to connect.
How Does Your System React When You Receive QuickBooks Error Event id 4?
When an error attacks your system, there are certain signs through which you can identify the problem. Similarly, when event id 4 source in QuickBooks strikes, you will notice the following things:
- A popup with an error code
- Programs crashing suddenly
- QuickBooks program freezing frequently
- No response from QuickBooks
- System crashing
- Your system not responding to keyboard inputs
What Are the Causes of QuickBooks 2010 Event id 4?
QuickBooks event id 4 unexpected error 5 can be caused by the .NET Framework 4.0 SP 1, especially if you use Windows 7. Some other factors are as follows:
- Damaged or corrupt system files
- The Trojan attack can be the reason behind QuickBooks event id 4 on Windows 7 or 10.
- Windows registry can also cause issues.
- Other malicious programs can also affect your QuickBooks company files due to which you face these errors.
How do you Fix QuickBooks Error id 4 in Event Viewer on Windows 10
As stated above that .NET Framework 4.0 SP 1 can be the primary reason behind this common QuickBooks error, so you can fix this mess up by uninstalling Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 and installing .NET Framework 3.5. The whole process can be followed through the Control Panel on Windows PCs.
Note: Make sure that you log in to your Windows computer as an administrator.
- Press “Windows + R” keys on your keyboard. This will open the “Run” box on your screen.
- Type “Control Panel” in the text field.
- Hit the “Enter” key or “OK” button on the screen.
- When you see the “Control Panel” window, go to the “Program and Features” section.
- Alternatively, you can click on the “Add/Remove programs” section.
Tip: To open the Program and Features window directly, you can type appwiz.cpl in the Run dialog box and press the Enter key.
- Now, find “Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0” from the list of programs.
- Once found, select it and click the “Uninstall” button.
When the framework is uninstalled successfully from your system, you can restart your computer. Then follow these instructions:
- Visit “Control Panel” again.
- Go to the “Program and Features” section.
- Select “Add Remove Windows Features” located on the left of your screen. Doing so, you will see the “Windows Feature” window.
- Here, you can expand “.NET Framework” to find “Microsoft .NET 3.5”.
- After marking both the first and second options, click the ”OK” button.
Once you are done performing these steps, .NET Framework 3.5 will start getting installed on your system. When the installing process is complete, you can hit the Finish button. Thereafter, restart your computer to reflect the applied actions.
After reinstalling the framework, you will get rid of unwanted errors such as QuickBooks event id 4 unexpected error 5.
Other Ways to Get Rid of QuickBooks 2010 Event id 4
Some users don’t get rid of the problem despite reinstalling the .NET framework. In this scenario, what you can do is run the diagnostic tools provided by QuickBooks, Intuit.
In the upcoming details, we are going to talk about QuickBooks Tool Hub. By installing this tool, you can fix a number of problems in your QuickBooks accounts. It consists of different components including Company File Issues, Network Issues, Program Problems, Installation Issues, and Password Reset among others.
Depending on the error, you can pick the component and run the tool to scan, detect, and repair the company files. So let’s check out how to fix event id 4 source in QuickBooks.
Method 1: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Although you can install Diagnostic Tool manually, going with QuickBooks Tool Hub will ease your work as it is a collection of multiple tools itself.
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub once you have installed it on your system.
- On the left, you will find the “Installation Issues” tab, click on that.
- Then, you can click on the “QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool” button.
The entire process might take 20 minutes and require a reboot. By using this tool, you can fix issues that prevent you from installation issues.
In case you have downloaded QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool on your system then you just need to go to the Downloads, double click on the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic file, and follow the on-screen instructions.
Once done, you can exit all the applications that are running on your system. Then, run the QuickBooks Install tool and restart the system.
Method 2: Reinstall QuickBooks with Clean Install Tool
For this method, we advise you to uninstall and install your QuickBooks program through the Clean Install tool.
Important Note: Before you proceed with the QuickBooks reinstallation, make sure that you backup the company files as it will delete your data from the system.
- Once the backup is created safely, you can download and install the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
- Thereafter, go to the “Downloads” folder.
- Search for the “QucikBooksCleanInstallUtility.exe” file.
- Then, hit the “I Accept” button.
- Pick your QuickBooks version.
- Click the “Continue” button.
- Hit the “OK” button.
This is how you can reinstall QuickBooks using the Clean Install tool. By following this process, the error should be fixed now.
So that’s all you need to know to fix this common QuickBooks event id 4 error smartly. QuickBooks errors like these often catch you off guard and drive you crazy since you have critical data at stake. But don’t worry! Keep reading our guides on QuickBooks errors. We have covered a wide range of both common and unique QuickBooks errors. Our tech experts are working every day to bring to you new guides on new errors every day.
If you don’t find your QuickBook error solution here, do let us know. We will write a guide on it for you.
Other guides for you that might just come in handy: