QuickBooks event ID 4 (also known as QuickBooks log error 4) is a very common QB problem. It occurs due to corrupted and damaged system files that often put your important company files in your system at risk. So to help you deal with this error, we have compiled this guide for you.
- What is QuickBooks Event id 4 Unexpected Error?
- How Does Your System React When You Receive QuickBooks Error Event id 4?
- What Are the Causes of QuickBooks 2010 Event id 4?
- How do you Fix QuickBooks Error id 4 in Event Viewer on Windows 10
- Get Rid of QuickBooks 2010 Event id 4
What is QuickBooks Event id 4 Unexpected Error?
When you launch QuickBooks Integration Manager, a pop-up may display on your screen stating that “Integration Manager could not connect to QuickBooks. Please make sure that it is open.”
There can be another error message that says QuickBooks Event ID 4 under the Windows Event Viewer. You receive such problems when your QuickBooks Integration Manager fails to connect. Thus, it is important to fix this error to prevent your company files.
How Does Your System React When You Receive QuickBooks Error Event id 4?
When an error attacks your system, there are certain signs through which you can identify the problem. Similarly, when event ID 4 source in QuickBooks strikes, you will notice the following things: When an error attacks your system, there are certain signs through which you can identify the problem. Similarly, when event id 4 source in QuickBooks strikes, you will notice the following things:
- A popup with an error code
- Programs crashing suddenly
- QuickBooks program freezing frequently
- No response from QuickBooks
- System crashing
- Your system not responding to keyboard inputs
Depending on the devices, you may observe other peculiar signs. If you face such issues with your device then you should diagnose the real cause.
What Are the Causes of QuickBooks 2010 Event id 4?
QuickBooks event ID 4 unexpected error can be caused by the .NET Framework 4.0 SP 1, especially if you use Windows 7. There can be other factors which are mentioned below: QuickBooks event id 4 unexpected error 5 can be caused by the .NET Framework 4.0 SP 1, especially if you use Windows 7. Some other factors are as follows:
- Damaged or corrupt system files
- The Trojan attack can be the reason behind QuickBooks event id 4 on Windows 7 or 10.
- Windows registry can also cause issues.
- Other malicious programs can also affect your QuickBooks company files due to which you face these errors.
Now, we have discussed the causes and symptoms of QuickBooks event ID 4 on Windows 7 or 10. In the following guide, we will provide some fixes to repair the error to its great extent.
How do you Fix QuickBooks Error id 4 in Event Viewer on Windows 10
As stated above that .NET Framework 4.0 SP 1 can be the primary reason behind this common QuickBooks error, so you can fix this mess up by uninstalling Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 and installing .NET Framework 3.5. The whole process can be followed through the Control Panel on Windows PCs.As stated above that .NET Framework 4.0 SP 1 can be the primary reason behind this common QuickBooks error, so you can fix this mess up by uninstalling Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 and installing .NET Framework 3.5. The whole process can be followed through the Control Panel on Windows PCs.
Note: Make sure that you log in to your Windows computer as an administrator.
- Press “Windows + R” keys on your keyboard. This will open the “Run” box on your screen.
- Type “Control Panel” in the text field.
- Hit the “Enter” key or “OK” button on the screen.
- When you see the “Control Panel” window, go to the “Program and Features” section.
- Alternatively, you can click on the “Add/Remove programs” section.
Tip: To open the Program and Features window directly, you can type appwiz.cpl in the Run dialog box and press the Enter key.
- Now, find “Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0” from the list of programs.
- Once found, select it and click the “Uninstall” button.
When the framework is uninstalled successfully from your system, you can restart your computer. Then follow these instructions:
- Visit “Control Panel” again.
- Go to the “Program and Features” section.
- Select “Add Remove Windows Features” located on the left of your screen. Doing so, you will see the “Windows Feature” window.
- Here, you can expand “.NET Framework” to find “Microsoft .NET 3.5”.
- After marking both the first and second options, click the ”OK” button.
Once you are done performing these steps, .NET Framework 3.5 will start getting installed on your system. When the installing process is complete, you can hit the Finish button. Thereafter, restart your computer to reflect the applied actions.
After reinstalling the framework, you will get rid of unwanted errors such as QuickBooks event ID 4 unexpected errors.
Get Rid of QuickBooks 2010 Event id 4
Some users don’t get rid of the problem despite reinstalling the .NET framework. In this scenario, what you can do is run the diagnostic tools provided by QuickBooks, Intuit.
In the upcoming details, we are going to talk about QuickBooks Tool Hub. By installing this tool, you can fix a number of problems in your QuickBooks accounts. It consists of different components including Company File Issues, Network Issues, Program Problems, Installation Issues, and Password Reset among others.
Depending on the error, you can pick the component and run the tool to scan, detect, and repair the company files. So let’s check out how to fix event id 4 source in QuickBooks.
Fix 1: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Although you can install Diagnostic Tool manually, going with QuickBooks Tool Hub will ease your work as it is a collection of multiple tools itself.
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub once you have installed it on your system.
- On the left, you will find the “Installation Issues” tab, click on that.
- Then, you can click on the “QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool” button.
The entire process might take 20 minutes and require a reboot. By using this tool, you can fix issues that prevent you from installation issues.
In case you have downloaded QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool on your system then you just need to go to the Downloads, double click on the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic file, and follow the on-screen instructions.
Once done, you can exit all the applications that are running on your system. Then, run the QuickBooks Install tool and restart the system.
Fix 2: Reinstall QuickBooks with Clean Install Tool
By reinstalling the QuickBooks program, you can prevent unwanted bugs. To do so, we advise you to uninstall and install your QuickBooks program through the Clean Install tool.
Important Note: Before you proceed with the QuickBooks reinstallation, make sure that you backup the company files as it will delete your data from the system.
- Once the backup is created safely, you can download and install the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
- Thereafter, go to the “Downloads” folder.
- Search for the “QucikBooksCleanInstallUtility.exe” file.
- Then, hit the “I Accept” button.
- Pick your QuickBooks version.
- Click the “Continue” button.
- Hit the “OK” button.
This is how you can reinstall QuickBooks using the Clean Install tool. By following this process, the error should be fixed now.
Fix 3: Use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
QuickBooks File Doctor Tool scans your company files, detects errors, and repairs them in minutes. If you are receiving QuickBooks Error Event ID 4 or unable to open the QuickBooks company file then this may happen corrupted or damaged the company files.
Hence, we suggest you download the QuickBooks File Doctor tool and repair the company files automatically.
Tip: Although you can download the QuickBooks File Doctor tool separately, running the QuickBooks Tool Hub can make your process easy as it offers multiple QuickBooks diagnostic tools.
Once you download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub successfully, you can follow these steps:
- Launch the “QuickBooks Tool Hub”.
- Go to the “Company File” Issues tab available on the left.
- Then, hit the “Run QuickBooks File Doctor” option.
- Now, press the “Browse” button.
- Choose the QuickBooks company file that you wish to repair.
- Make sure that the “Check your file” button is chosen.
- Click the “Continue” button.
- Now, log in to the company file. Make sure you sign in with admin rights.
- Hit the “Continue” button.
This way you can access the QuickBooks company files without any interruption. By running QuickBooks Tool Hub, you can also prevent other errors.
Fix 4: Run Quick Fix My Program
Quick Fix My Program is also a component provided by the QuickBooks Tool Hub. If you are finding issues with the Event Viewer then you can try running this tool to get rid of stubborn errors.
This will repair the best possible errors related to the program and company files. All you have to do is download QuickBooks Tool Hub on your computer. When you launch it to perform, go to the Program Problem and click the Quick Fix My Program.
Download QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Close the QuickBooks programs if running any.
- Download the “QuickBooks Tool Hub” file” from the main source on your device.
- Save the “QuickBooks tool hub .exe file” on a location where you can find it easily.
- Then double click the “QuickBooksToolHub.exe” file in order to open it.
- Now, follow the on-screen prompts to agree to the conditions.
As you follow these steps, the tool will be downloaded on your computer. Then, you can launch it to perform by double-clicking on the tool icon.
Repair System Files
- Go to “Program Problems” from the component located on the left.
- Click on the “Quick Fix my program”.
Once you press this button, it will start scanning your system files and repair the errors if found. The process may take a few minutes to fix your program.
Fix 5: Use sfc/scannow Command
Windows 7 or Windows 10 could also be the reason that your QuickBooks program is not working as expected. If you are facing QuickBooks event ID 4 on Windows 7 or 10 then you may run System File Checker (SFC) or scannow command. By doing so, you can check the system files that may be damaged.
To do so, you can go to the Command Prompt with admin rights and run the command line. Here are the steps for that:
- Launch the “Command Prompt” as Administrator on your Windows computer.
- Then, enter the following command
- sfc /scannow
As you run the command line, the process may take a few minutes to scan the system. This helps you to restore the corrupted file. But keep one thing in your mind, this step may require you to insert the Windows setup disc so make sure you arrange the disc.
Once the process is finished, you can restart the computer. This will provide default Windows and eventually QuickBooks event ID 4 error will be resolved.
So that’s all you need to know to fix this common QuickBooks event id 4 error smartly. QuickBooks errors like these often catch you off guard and drive you crazy since you have critical data at stake. But don’t worry! Keep reading our guides on QuickBooks errors. We have covered a wide range of both common and unique QuickBooks errors. Our tech experts are working every day to bring to you new guides on new errors every day.
If you don’t find your QuickBook error solution here, do let us know. We will write a guide on it for you.
Other guides for you that might just come in handy:
Frequently Asked Questions
A lot of users may have certain questions in their minds. Thus, we are listing a few commonly asked questions while providing their answers.
To fix the errors in Event Viewer, you can clear the system log manually. The system log can be selected from the Control Panel. Just click on Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer -> select the Windows Logs and System from the list located on the left. Now place your mouse cursor on System, click right to choose Filter Current Log, mark the check box before Error, and hit the OK button.
.NET Framework 4.0 SP 1 can be the main reason behind the errors in Event Viewer. By uninstalling Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 and installing .NET Framework 3.5 can help you to get rid of the error.
Expand Windows Logs from the left side of the Event Viewer, click right on the event categories, choose the Clear Log button from the menu, and hit the Save and Clear button. This will reset the Event Viewer and repair the errors.