Has QuickBooks error 324 or 106 attacked your system lately? Don’t jump to any conclusion and think you can’t do anything about this. To fix it up all you need to do first is know what exactly this error is. So QuickBooks 324 or 106–they are both generally banking errors faced by your accounting program. It occurs when any sort of change has been introduced to your bank account due to which QuickBooks fails to identify it. These changes have been discussed in this guide in detail.
If you too have been experiencing the QuickBooks error 324 or 106 lately, we recommend you go through this guide to fix it up without any hassle.
- What is Error 106 Or 324 in QuickBooks?
- How to Fix Error 106 or 324 with Effective Methods?
- Method 1: Disconnect the Account
- Method 2: Configure Internet Settings
- Method 3: Set Default View in Well Fargo Account
- Method 4: Reconnect the Account
- Method 5: Install Windows Updates
- Method 6: Update or Reinstall System Drivers
- Method 7: Run Windows File Checker
- Method 8: Repair Windows Registry Entries
- Method 9: Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
- Method 10: Delete Temporary Files
- Method 11: Run Malware Scan
- Method 12: Restore System Files and Settings
What is Error 106 Or 324 in QuickBooks?
Although code 106 and 324 are two different QuickBooks errors, they are very similar to each other.
Error 106 indicates that QuickBooks is not able to find your account possible due to its closure while the error code 324 occurs when:
- the credit card or bank company has changed the account. Or, the account has been moved to the new server.
- the user has changed the account details such as the account name on the credit card.
- your credit card company or bank has issued a new credit card or account for you.
- you close your credit card or bank account.
What Causes QuickBooks Online Error 324 or 106?
Banking errors can show up on your screen due to various reasons. Both your Windows system or banking services can be responsible for this:
- QuickBooks installation is incomplete.
- Windows Registry associated with the QuickBooks program is corrupt.
- Malware activities and virus attacks can damage system files or QuickBooks related files.
- Some other programs accidentally removed the file related to QuickBooks software.
Symptoms of Error 324 or 106 in QuickBooks
Online banking errors do not let you access your bank account and make the QuickBooks program behave inappropriately. Here are some of the most common symptoms one may experience while dealing with error 324 or 106 in QuickBooks:
- Your computer crashes with error 324 and closes the active window.
- Users fail to log in to the bank website.
- QuickBooks program crashes in between.
- The Windows system starts lagging.
How to Fix Error 106 or 324 with Effective Methods?
There are a number of solutions that can be implemented to repair QuickBooks error 324 or 106. However, you need to analyze if the error is caused by your banking website, QuickBooks program, or Windows system.
To tackle this error, you can try disconnecting and reconnecting the account, enable LAN, set the bank account as a default view, and reinstall the QuickBooks program.
If further solutions are required then you can upgrade Windows updates, scan system files, update system drivers, repair Windows Registry, run a malware scan, or restore the Windows system.
Let’s understand all the specified methods with a manual procedure.
Method 1: Disconnect the Account
If you are bothered by error code 324 in QuickBooks, the first thing you can do is to disconnect the bank account from QuickBooks.
- Find the “Transactions” option.
- Click the “Banking” tab.
- Search for the “Bank Account” section.
- Click the “Edit” button.
- Now, click on the “Account” section.
- Choose the “Disconnect” option.
- Hit the “Delete” button.
By doing so, you can eradicate all the problems related to downloading operations. Thereafter, you can run the program and verify if the download error 324 persists.
Method 2: Configure Internet Settings
Another fixation method to repair QuickBooks error 324 or 106 is to check the internet connection and enable LAN service. Here are the steps for that:
- Reboot your WiFi router and computer.
- Check the wire connections and switches.
- Browse any website on Windows Explorer.
- Make sure that the internet connection is strong. You can check it using the LAN settings.
- Enable “LAN” if disabled.
After implementing these methods, you can log in to your QuickBooks software and check if you find QuickBooks error 324 or 106.
Method 3: Set Default View in Well Fargo Account
Banking errors are likely to take place if you don’t set the account as default in the Well Fargo account. Hence, it is important to set the necessary settings for your personal or business account. Here is what you need to do.
- Visit the “Wells Fargo Internet Banking” website.
- Go to the “Account Summary”.
- Select your business account using the drop-down.
- Hit the “Go” button.
- Click on the “Set as Default View” option.
Once done, you can try logging in to your QuickBooks Online and set up your connection on the Well Fargo website. This will surely help you resolve QuickBooks Online error 324 or 106.
Note: Personal and business accounts cannot be seen in a default view together. Thus, you will have to switch the account on your website.
Method 4: Reconnect the Account
When you encounter the error 324 or 106 in QuickBooks, you must have noticed the Reconnect my account link. Clicking on this link, you can easily reconnect your account. All you have to do is click the link and select your updated account with the bank.
However, if you don’t find such a link then you should check if you can edit the updated bank details. Also, run the manual update for the account. Make sure you update the account in non-peak hours otherwise the process will take time more than the usual time.
Later, you can sign in to your bank website with the URL provided by your online banking.
Method 5: Install Windows Updates
Windows releases new updates to support additional features and programs. Updating the Windows operating system can kill the bug that troubles you in accomplishing your QuickBooks tasks. Thus, it is important to install new updates for Windows (if available). Here is how:
- Click on the “Start” button located on the bottom left.
- Type “update” in the search bar.
- Hit the “Enter” key.
If you find any updates available for your operating system, you should instantly install them. This will possibly help you to eliminate the QuickBooks error 324 or 106. If the error still persists, you can move to the next method.
Method 6: Update or Reinstall System Drivers
Outdated device drivers may cause certain programs due to which you may encounter an error code 324 in QuickBooks. Therefore, you should check the new updates for the device drivers. This may resolve the issues related to QuickBooks programs.
Alternatively, you can uninstall the device driver and reinstall them later. To update or reinstall the drivers, you can follow the steps instructed below:
- Use the “Windows” + “X” key on your keyboard.
- Click on the “Device Manager”.
- Choose a category to check the device name.
- Then, click right on the device you prefer to update.
- Now, hit the “Update Driver” button.
- In case you prefer to uninstall the driver then select the “Uninstall” button.
- Then, restart your computer.
Once the system is restarted, you can install new device drivers. Make sure you install drivers that are compatible with your Windows system.
Method 7: Run Windows File Checker
By running Windows System File Checker, you can verify the system files. If the files cause you some types of errors then you can resolve them easily. This requires you to run an SFC command through the CMD window. To understand better, follow these steps:
- Press the “Windows” key.
- Type in “Command Prompt” in the search bar.
- Right-click on “Command Prompt” and click the “Run as administrator”.
- Now, enter the following command:
- Sfc /scannow
- Press the “Enter” key.
This process may take a couple of minutes. Once it completes, you can reboot your computer. This will successfully scan your files and repair the QuickBooks error 324 or 106.
Method 8: Repair Windows Registry Entries
In this method, you are required to fix Windows Registry that is related to the download error 324. This can be done via the Command Prompt window. Let’s know how to do that.
- Click on the “Start” button.
- Type “Command Prompt” in the search bar.
- Now hold down the “Ctrl + Shift” keys together and hit the “Enter” key.
- Click the “Yes” button when prompted.
- Enter “Regedit” in the “Command Prompt” window.
- Press the “Enter” key.
- Now, in the “Registry Editor”, select the key related to Error 324 (that you want to backup).
- Go to the “File” menu.
- Click the “Export” button.
- Now, select the folder in order to save the backup key.
- In the “Export range” box, choose the “Selected branch”.
- Click the “Save” button.
- Make sure you save the file using the “.reg” file extension.
Once you are done following these steps, you can backup the registry entry associated with QuickBooks. This way you can resolve the QuickBooks online error 324 or 106.
Method 9: Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
Due to the minor bugs, users may encounter error 324 or 106 in QuickBooks. In such a scenario, you can simply reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop.
Note: The process requires you to uninstall and reinstall the QuickBooks program. Thus, it is essential to note down the product key of your software before uninstalling the QuickBooks program. The product key will be required to activate your program.
To uninstall the QuickBooks Desktop, you can follow these steps:
- Open “Control Panel” click on the Windows search bar.
- Select the “Control Panel” when it appears in the result.
- Now, go to the “Uninstall a program” option.
- Move to the “Programs and Features” option.
- Click on the “Uninstall a Program” option.
- Now, click on the “QuickBooks” program from the list of all programs.
- Then, hit the “Uninstall/Change” button.
- Select the “Remove” option.
- Hit the “Next” button.
After uninstalling the QuickBooks program, you can install it from a trusted source. Also, make sure that you install the compatible version of QuickBooks for your computer.
Once done with the reinstallation, you can enter the product key you noted down earlier. This will activate your QuickBooks program.
Method 10: Delete Temporary Files
When you delete files, your Windows system may keep the junk or temporary files on your system. This may often create conflict between programs.
Hence, it is important to remove or delete the temporary files on your system. For this process, you can use the Disk Cleanup. Here is how to do that.
- Use the “Windows logo + R” keys on the keyboard. This will bring up the Run box on your screen.
- Type “cleanmgr.exe” in the “Run” box.
- Hit the “Enter” key or click the “OK” button.
- In the “Disk Cleanup” window, click on “clean up system files”.
- Then, click the “Yes” button. This will show you a list of files to delete. Here, you can check all the items and hit the “OK” button.
- Then, click the “Delete Files” option.
When you are done, wait for the Disk Cleanup utility to remove the temporary files. This will clear the cache from your Windows 10 computer.
Method 11: Run Malware Scan
Windows errors can occur due to the presence of malicious activities. This may be possible if you confront error code 324 in QuickBooks due to such virus attacks.
Hence, it is suggested to run a malware scan on your Windows computer. For this, you can use tools such as Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool. By using such a tool you can scan your Windows computer, detect the errors, and remove the problematic programs from your computer. Moreover, this will prevent your device from severe threats.
Method 12: Restore System Files and Settings
In some instances, wrong settings can create problems due to which you fail to access certain programs. In this scenario, you can undo or reset the system files and settings.
- Log in to your PC with admin rights.
- Click on the “Start” button.
- Go to “All Programs”.
- Click on “Accessories”.
- Select the “System Tools”.
- In a new window, choose the “Restore my computer”. Now, follow the wizard displayed on your screen.
- Make sure you select the points for the time when your system is completely fine.
- Click the “Next” button.
After you restore your system, it comes to a stage where there is no error. This is basically the best way to reset your Windows settings and avoid errors. You can also restore the QuickBooks files.
Online banking errors can be temporary and thus can be resolved easily. All you have to do is reconnect your bank account or perform the necessary solutions. In this guide, we have discussed what is error 106 or 324, causes, symptoms, and numerous repairing methods.
Hopefully, you have found the best method to repair QuickBooks Online Error 324 or 106.
Also, don’t forget to check out the most requested guides regarding QuickBooks errors you may be interested in: