When working with payroll taxes, direct deposits, and paychecks, users often confront message code 2107 in QuickBooks. This error affects the smooth flow of transferring the salaries of the employees to their accounts. In addition, it prevents your clients from saving the payment in records. You may also encounter error 2107 in QuickBooks Payroll when you subsidize a payroll profile with the active direct deposit. If you have stumbled upon such an error, we are here to help you with this easy guide.
In this comprehensive guide, we will draw your attention to the key reasons and easy methods to fix QuickBooks message code 2107.
Key Reasons of Error 2107 in QuickBooks Payroll
The message code 2107 in QuickBooks revolves around the compensation and payment of the direct deposit method of employees. These errors may be caused by the following:
- QuickBooks records may have been removed by mistake.
- Windows Registries are corrupted due to the modifications made with the product.
- Improper installation of QuickBooks software may also cause errors.
- The virus has affected the Windows records and documents related to QuickBooks.
- You have downloaded the damaged file of your product on your computer.
Such causes can affect the smooth flow of compensation exchange. As a result, it also affects your Windows computer due to which it starts running slow, crashes in between, and freezes frequently. Even your mouse and keyboard do not respond to the inputs.
How to Resolve Message Code 2107 in QuickBooks?
Since you are already aware of the main cause, it will be easier for you to fix error 2107 in QuickBooks Payroll. To fix this error, we recommend you repair the Windows registry, upgrade the Windows version to the latest version, and check system files to repair it. If required, you can try disabling Antivirus programs to run QuickBooks tasks. When nothing works, you can restore the Windows system to undo the changes made recently to your system.
To perform these methods with proper instructions, we are explaining them one by one. Read them carefully
Fix 1: Fix Repair Windows Registry
As stated earlier, a corrupted Windows Registry may cause the error. If you have made any changes to the registry, this directly affects your QuickBooks-related data which results in error 2107 in QuickBooks Payroll. Thus, repairing the Windows Registry is important.
To repair Windows Registry, you can launch Command Prompt Utility and execute the command to open the Registry Editor. From there, you can export the backup file to repair the Windows Registry.
To know each step, you can jump to the following instructions:
- Press the Windows “Start” icon which can be spotted at the bottom left.
- In the search bar, you can type “Command Prompt”.
- Now, use the “Enter” key.
Note: While you launch Command Prompt, you need to press Ctrl + Shift keys together. If you spot any pop-up for permission, you can click the Yes button to grant permission.
- As the “Command Prompt” screen opens, start typing “Regedit” in the text field.
- After doing so, hit the “Enter” key. This will open the “Registry Editor” window.
- From there, you can choose the older working file that is using the backup.
- Thereafter, move to the “File” menu.
- Go to the “Export” button.
- Then, select the folder from the options to save the backup file. You also need to ensure that you choose the brand option from the “Export Range” box.
- After doing that, click the “Save” button.
When you are done saving the file with the .reg extension, you can restart the Windows computer. To verify if the error has gone, you can try using QuickBooks Payroll.
Fix 2: Update the Version of Windows Operating System
Microsoft Windows sends new updates to enhance the performance of your PC. Some of the updates are important to install. Not installing these updates can conflict with other programs. QuickBooks can also become a victim of this due to which you are viewing error 2107 in QuickBooks Payroll.
To update Windows updates, you need to find if there is any update available for your PC. Follow these steps to directly find Windows updates:
- Navigate to the Windows “Start” menu.
- Here, you can type “Update” in the Windows search bar.
- Now, press the “Enter” key.
- On the “Windows Update” screen, you may find a reminder to download important updates.
- You can now hit the “Install Updates” button to proceed with the update installation.
As the update starts installing, you can wait for a while. Once the process is finished, you can restart your Windows PC and launch the QuickBooks program to continue sending salaries to your employees.
Fix 3: Perform Windows Restore
Windows Restore is a method that helps you to undo the recent system change. This way you can bring back your system to the state when there were no issues. If QuickBooks message code 2107 is constantly flashing on your screen, you can fix it by restoring the operating system.
Remember: Restoring the Windows system will not affect the documents and other data.
To perform the Windows Restore method, one has to run the Windows system as an administrator to make sure you know the password. After that, you can open the Run dialog box too. Pursue the following steps to understand well:
- Use the “Windows + R” keys together to launch the “Run” dialog box.
- When the “Run” dialog screen appears, type in “System Restore”.
- After doing so, press the “Enter” key or click the “OK” button.
- If it prompts you to enter the “Administrative password”, you can add it.
- Once you do so, a wizard appears on the screen which you can follow.
As you follow the prompts to restore the Windows operating system files, you can start rebooting your PC. This will successfully reverse the changes you have made recently to your system. This way you can get rid of message code 2107 in QuickBooks.
Fix 4: System File Checker
System File Checker Utility helps you to scan and repair the system files effortlessly. All you have to do is execute the SFC command. To perform this method, Command Prompt utility will be required. To run System File Checker, you can follow these steps:
- Click on the Windows “Start” icon available at the bottom left.
- Then, type “Command Prompt” in the Windows search bar.
- Use the “Enter” key. Make sure you press the Ctrl + Shift keys together.
- When the “Command Prompt” window appears, type in “sfc/ scannow”.
- After that, use the “Enter” key.
After following these steps, the System File Checker Utility will start scanning the files and repair unwanted errors. Thereafter, you can follow the prompts given on the screen and finish the process. This will surely fix the message code 2107 in QuickBooks.
Fix 5: Disable Antivirus Services
Most users prefer to download Antivirus programs on their PC to protect their system from severe threats. However, such programs often become the reason for QuickBooks errors. In some instances, you fail to perform certain actions due to the restrictions of Antivirus programs. Hence, we suggest you turn off the antivirus services so that you can check if QuickBooks is performing efficiently.
To Sum Up
QuickBooks Payroll errors can be spotted due to several reasons. However, resolving such issues is pretty easy. All you have to do is understand the leading cause and perform the method accordingly. If you confront message code 2107 in QuickBooks, you can perform the basic troubleshooting methods which we have already discussed in this blog.
To learn more about QuickBooks errors guides, you can go through the following links: