QBDBMgrN not running on the server is a QuickBooks error. The error suggests that the QuickBooks Database Server Manager is not running on your server. For this, there can be multiple reasons. Most probably, Windows Firewall may not have been updated in a while. It is common for this type of error to show the message “QuickBooks QBDBMgrN Not Running on this Computer Server”. For troubleshooting the error and the message, Windows Firewall can be updated. However, there are more ways of fixing it. You can prefer repairing the accounting software and also consider installing it again. On the year versions of the software like QuickBooks 2016, QuickBooks 2017, and QuickBooks 2019, rebooting can excellently work in resolving this problem.
Here, we have summarized the complete information of this blog. You may prefer reading it.
- Why is QBDBMgrN Not Running on My Computer?
- Troubleshooting the “QuickBooks QBDBMgrN Not Running on this Computer” Error
- Fix 1: Ensure that Windows Firewall is Updated
- Fix 2: Exclude QB Server Manager from the Settings of Windows Firewall
- Fix 3: Prefer Restarting QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Fix 4: Download QuickBooks Tool Hub and Run File Doctor Tool
- Fix 5: Delete QB Desktop and Reinstall it
- Fix 6: Execute Verification of Hosting Settings on Workstation and Server
- Fix 7: Repair QuickBooks Desktop
- Fixing the Error QBDBMgrN Not Running on this Computer in 2017/2019/2016 QuickBooks Year Versions
Why is QBDBMgrN Not Running on My Computer?
These are a few reasons why the QuickBooks Database Server Manager or QBDBMgrN may not be running on the server:
- You may not have updated the Windows firewall on your computer.
- While updating QB, the Windows firewall’s old version may be affecting your internet connection.
- Your company files may be damaged.
- There may be bugs in the QB software.
- The hosting settings may not have been verified on the server system and workstation.
- Your computer, on which the software has been installed, may not be properly working.
Troubleshooting the “QuickBooks QBDBMgrN Not Running on this Computer” Error
A determined way to fix the “QBDBMgrN Not Running on this Computer” message is by updating Windows Firewall. You can also check whether the Database Server Manager of QuickBooks has been included in the settings of the firewall. On excluding it, the error message may stop emerging. Our team has also found that when the cause of the error is not very big or complex, simply restarting the server manager can be an effective measure.
Fix 1: Ensure that Windows Firewall is Updated
It has been explained by our tech experts that Windows firewall that has not been updated can be problematic. Its outdated version may prevent the QB program to connect with the internet. To remove the problems with the connection, the firewall should be updated. The users can update it by writing the command Control firewall.cpl in Run. The command will take you to Windows Firewall in less time. A section will mention Update Your Firewall Settings. Take the help of this section to complete this fix.
The users can read beyond and use these directions for settling the QBDBMgrN not running error:
- We will suggest that you open “Run”. The following shortcut can be used to open it:
“Windows” key + “R” key
- Mention the following in the box:
- Hit “Enter”.
- Run “Windows Firewall”.
- Visiting the section named “Update Your Firewall Settings” is the next step.
- Prefer choosing “Check for Updates”.
- Press “Update Now”.
- Ensure that you select “Use Recommended Settings”.
- You can now see whether an update has been released. You can download the update when it is available.
- The process to update “Windows Firewall” may require a while to get over. Later, turn off your computer.
- Now, you can start your PC.
- Tap two times on the icon of “QB”. It will get launched.
You will find that the QuickBooks Database Server Manager is working now.
Fix 2: Exclude QB Server Manager from the Settings of Windows Firewall
While researching the fixes for the QBDBMgrN.exe not running issue, we found that some users may have included the Server Manager in the firewall’s settings. Including the same may be responsible for this issue. As you may understand, the QuickBooks Server Manager can be excluded from these settings to fix the problem. For doing so, start Run and include the command Windows Firewall in it. On reaching the list of certain programs, locate Firewall & Network Connection. Now, you can head to Advanced Settings to exclude the Server Manager.
- The initial step is to launch “Run”.
- In the text field available, add the following:
- Either push “Ok” or tap on “Enter”.
- The programs will be listed on the screen. Find “Firewall & Network Connection”. After finding it, click twice on the program.
- From “Advanced Settings”, you are required to choose “Inbound Rule”.
- Pick the “New Rule” option.
- Click on “Next”.
- Look for “Program Paths”.
- The “exe” file has to be removed from the path.
- The box for “Allow the Connection” should be selected.
- Following this, press “Continue”.
- Tap on the “Reboot” button.
- Lastly, start over your system.
Followed by starting your system again, you may want to be sure that the error is no longer taking place. You can run the Intuit software. The server manager would be running with no interference from the same error.
Fix 3: Prefer Restarting QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Some of you may be thinking to restart the Database Server Manager of QB when it fails to run. Restarting it can be of help when such a problem comes. You can utilize the command services.msc and launch it via Run. You will come across some services with the names QuickBooksDB26, QuickBooksDB27, QuickBooksDB28, and QuickBooksDB29. These services have to be restarted. As this is initiated by you, the Server Manager will also be restarted. Soon, it will be noticed that this feature is running with no failures.
You may need more help to understand how the Server Manager has to be restarted. The following directions can be read for more understanding:
- You will be needed to start “Run”. Open it using “Start”.
- Input the following in the box for “Run”:
- The “Enter” key has to be pushed.
- Find the following services:
- Right-tapping on the given services, select “Restart”.
- Wait for the “QuickBooks Database Server Manager” to be restarted.
- Now, the updates for the accounting software have to be downloaded.
- After this, install these updates.
When the Database Server Manager has been started again and the software has been updated, the QBDBMgrN.exe not running problem should be fixed.
Fix 4: Download QuickBooks Tool Hub and Run File Doctor Tool
QuickBooks File Doctor Tool may be known by many of you. Allow us to tell you that the use of this tool has been beneficial for resolving the message “QBDBMgrN Not Running on this Computer Server”. This tool can be found in QuickBooks Tool Hub. So, for running it, the tool hub can be opened. In its Company File Issues option, the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool shall be present. After selecting the options File Damage and Network Connectivity, the tool will start repairing the error. Thus, the message generated by it will stop coming.
Below, we have explained how QB Tool Hub can be downloading for using the File Doctor Tool:
- Start by running your browser.
- Search “QuickBooks Tool Hub”.
- Look for a genuine source and start downloading the tool hub.
- Save its file and run it. This will help you proceed with the program’s installation.
- When you are able to run the tool hub, look for the tab that says “Company File Issues”.
- Click on “Run QuickBooks File Doctor”.
- Click on the following options:
- The application will begin repairing the issue.
- Execute the action that was resulting in the message “QuickBooks QBDBMgrN Not Running on this Computer Server”. Find whether the message is emerging after the repairs have been done.
Fix 5: Delete QB Desktop and Reinstall it
On QuickBooks Desktop, when you are bothered by the error of QBDBMgrN.exe not running, the software should be removed. By removing it, any problems in the software will be done away with. After a while, you can freshly download QB Desktop. This time, there will be fewer to no chances of those problems affecting the software. Thus, QuickBooks Database Server Manager will not fail to work. Consequently, the error may also not arise.
The process to delete QuickBooks Desktop and reinstall it has been shown below. You can completely read it before doing its steps.
- Start by launching “Run”.
- Put in the command mentioned here:
- Tap on “Ok”.
- The program list will be seen. Find “QuickBooks” in this list.
- The option of “Uninstall” needs to be preferred.
- Hit “Ok”.
- Some instructions will appear. By following them, your company files will be cleaned.
- Move to the “Download” page of the accounting software.
- The user needs to choose his/her “Country”.
- Select “Version” of “QuickBooks Desktop”.
- Tap on the “Search” option.
- The link for downloading the accounting software will be available. Use it to start the downloading process.
- Visit the folder named “Downloads”. Start downloading the software. Also, follow the directions you can see.
- The software should be installed by now. The information for registering the product needs to be provided.
- As the final step, start your system again.
Fix 6: Execute Verification of Hosting Settings on Workstation and Server
Each one of you may not have verified the hosting settings on the workstation as well as the server. Those of you who are seeing the error may believe that this could be the reason for QBDBMgrN to not start. As soon as you execute the verification of these settings, the QuickBooks Database Server Manager may work as normal. Start the accounting software on the workstation and proceed to File. From here, head to the Utilities option. Select Stop Hosting Multi-user Access to continue.
Let us now take a look at what is to be done afterward.
- The workstation of the user has to be accessed.
- On this workstation, start “QuickBooks”.
- Press “File”.
- Opt for “Utilities”.
- Click on “Stop Hosting Multi-user Access”.
Remember: The option in the fifth step should be selected only when “Stop Hosting Multi-user Access” has been turned on.
- You may find “Host Multi-user” listed. This will hint that the settings of the hosting are correct. After verifying this, access the server system.
- On this system, “QuickBooks Desktop” has to be launched.
- Visit “File”.
- Head to “Utilities”.
- Check whether “Stop Hosting Multi-user Access” is given here. Otherwise, the option of multi-user access can be preferred.
You can now confirm that the problem of QBDBMgrN not running on the server has been cleared.
Fix 7: Repair QuickBooks Desktop
We will now help you in repairing QuickBooks Desktop. The software being damaged, the message “QuickBooks QBDBMgrN Not Running on this Computer Server” should not be unexpected. Therefore, the software should be repaired on your system.
QuickBooks Desktop can be repaired by inserting a command in Run. You can write appwiz.cpl in it. This will display some programs. Among these programs, identify the accounting software. Press it twice and then choose to uninstall or change it. After this, an option to repair it will be available. This is the option that will be required for proceeding further.
- Hit the “Windows” icon.
- In “Start Menu”, press “Search”.
- Write “Run”.
- Double-click on “Run” when found.
- In it, this command has to be written:
- Choose “Ok”.
- The command will help you see the programs that exist on your system. Find “QuickBooks”.
- Press twice on “QuickBooks”.
- Click on “Uninstall”/”Change”.
- Select “Continue”.
- Tap on “Next”.
- Opt for “Repair”.
- Choose “Next”.
- The existing version of the “QuickBooks Desktop” program will now be repaired. Once it is completely repaired, select “Finish”.
- Start the accounting software again.
- The Database Manager should be working as usual.
Fixing the Error QBDBMgrN Not Running on this Computer in 2017/2019/2016 QuickBooks Year Versions
On finding the error QBDBMgrN not running on this computer server in 2016/2017/2019 versions of QuickBooks, rebooting your system will be significantly suggested by us. In many cases, there was only a minor cause that led to the problem, especially on these versions. Rebooting the system quickly helped in removing the error.
To know more about the process to reboot your system, please read the following part.
Fix 1: Reboot Your Windows PC
Rebooting your system helps in reloading its OS. Additionally, it helps in improving the performance of the programs on your system. So, when the Database Server Manager of the QB program isn’t working as it always does, rebooting the system. can be preferred. You should sign out of your account in the program and then turn off your computer. After rebooting it, you can sign in to the account. Hopefully, you may not have to see issues with the Server Manager any further.
- Sign out of your account in “QuickBooks”.
- Normally turn off your Windows system.
- Reboot your system.
- You can open “QB” and log in to your account.
- After successfully logging in, the error of QBDBMgrN not running on this computer server in the 2019/2017/2016 software versions would have been resolved.
To Put it All Together
The problem of QBDBMgrN not running can mean that the Database Server Manager of Intuit QB is experiencing problems. Mainly, the software may be unable to connect with the internet. This connection-related interruption may be generated by Windows Firewall. Therefore, keeping the firewall updated can be a thoughtful way of dealing with and preventing this error. Also, the quickest approach to resolving problems with the Server Manager is by restarting it. You can also find the other fixes shown here as beneficial in dealing with this error. To share your experience while applying our fixes, dropping a comment will be excellent!
QuickBooks users can be bothered by certain errors. Even though these errors emerge in a rare chance, the users can come across them. The QuickBooks error code PS077 or PS032 is one of these errors. Whenever you find it in the software, you can fix it by reading the best ways in this guide.