When the QuickBooks 6010 100 error message occurs, it indicates that the QuickBooks installation has been modified and suggests you reinstall the software. Due to the presence of this error, you may not be able to access the QuickBooks files. Firewall or Antivirus services may also restrict your QuickBooks program to access the network. If you are worried or frustrated about facing all these problems at once, we are pleased to bring this guide to you. Here, you will find numerous ways to get rid of QuickBooks error code 6010. Let’s dive in.
This dedicated guide helps you to discover the main causes of QuickBooks 6010 2 errors. In addition, you will find a number of methods to fix the QuickBooks error.
- Main Causes QuickBooks Error Code 6010 100 & 6010 2
Main Causes QuickBooks Error Code 6010 100 & 6010 2
When you confront errors in QuickBooks, there is always a reason behind it. If you are wondering why you are receiving QuickBooks error 6010 2, we will make you aware of the leading causes.
- In Network Division, (.ND) file has been disengaged from documents ending with .TLG and .QBW extensions.
- Your system framework requires cleaning.
- Firewall services restricting your QuickBooks application to access the network.
- Third-party apps downloaded on the Windows PC may also cause issues.
- Windows Registry files that are related to QuickBooks software are removed.
- Antivirus services also restrict you to access QuickBooks Desktop.
Such errors can be the major reason behind QuickBooks error code 6010. By resolving it with the right method, you can perform QuickBooks tasks effortlessly.
Easy Ways to Fix QuickBooks 6010 2 & 6010 100 Error
When QuickBooks starts troubling you with the error, the first thing you should do is to end the QuickBooks-related process in the Windows Task Manager. If nothing changes then you should scan QuickBooks folders and repair the company files. In addition, you can rename the ND files, switch your QuickBooks to a Single User Mode, and run Quick Fix my Program to repair the software.
The process of solving the error is easy. You can simply go through the following methods that cover each step for the same.
Fix 1: End QuickBooks Process in Task Manager
Even when the QuickBooks Desktop is not running, the processes related to QuickBooks might run in the background. If you are having issues with the QuickBooks installation or accessing the company files then end those running processes. All you have to do is open the Windows Task Manager and hit the End Task button.
You can pursue these steps for the same:
- Make sure you sign in to a Windows computer as an administrator.
- Then, use the “Ctrl + Shift + Esc” keys together to open the Windows “Task Manager”.
- Now, you can move to the “Users” tab.
- At this moment, you will be seeing the running QuickBooks process for all the users.
- Here, you can locate the processes such as “QBDBM.exe”, “qbupdate.exe”, and “EXE”.
- Then, press the “End Task” button.
This will help you to stop the processes from running in the background. By doing so, you can access QuickBooks Desktop, access company files, and perform other tasks.
Fix 2: Scan QuickBooks Folders
Before getting into the hard troubleshooting methods, we suggest you try the basics. The first action you can take is to scan QuickBooks folders. To do so, the QuickBooks Database Server Manager service can be used. All you have to do is run Database Server Manager on a Windows computer, add a folder that you wish to scan, and hit the Scan now button.
Tip: If you have QuickBooks Tools Hub software installed on your software, you can directly use the QuickBooks Database Server Manager from it.
To scan QuickBooks folders on a Windows computer, you can use the following steps to open the QuickBooks Database Server Manager service:
- First of all, restart the “QuickBooks Database Server Manager” service to scan your company files.
- Then, click on the “Start” menu on a Windows computer.
- After that, select the “All Programs” option.
- Now, open the “QuickBooks” folder.
- After that, click on the “QuickBooks Database Server Manager” service.
- Once done, click on the “Scan Folders”.
- If you don’t find any folder then click the “Add Folder” option.
- Then, you can highlight the folder and press the “Scan now” button.
As you hit the Scan now button, the QuickBooks Database Server Manager service starts scanning the folder. Thereafter, you can log in to your company file to check if there is a presence of QuickBooks 6010 100 error. If the error is still bothering you then switch to the next fix.
Fix 3: Repair QuickBooks Files
If the problem is with your company files due to which you are unable to access it in QuickBooks software then you should repair the company files immediately. For this process, we have to change the location of your company files. Thereafter, you have to launch the No Company Open window. From there, you can open the file you moved to a different location.
To know each step, you can jump to the following details:
- To get started, locate the folder that contains your company files.
- Once found, search for the QuickBooks company file with the “QBW” extension.
- Then, click right on the file.
- Choose the “Copy” option using the right-click context menu.
- Then, go to the desktop screen of your computer.
- After this, click right on the screen and select the “Paste” option.
- Moving ahead and opening the QuickBooks program. This will redirect you to the “No Company Open” window. Make sure while launching the QuickBooks Desktop, you are holding the “Ctrl” key.
- Select the “Open or restore existing company” option.
- At this point, you have to find the company file you copied earlier.
Once you perform these steps, you can access the company file easily. However, if you are still having QuickBooks 6010 100 error then you can try the next method.
Fix 4: Change the Name of ND Files
There are a few files that are important to run QuickBooks efficiently. ND file is one of those necessary files. If such a file is facing issues, QuickBooks may not run as expected. Thus, in this method, we suggest you change the name of the ND files. All you need to do is locate the file with ND extension, click right to rename the file, and add Old at the end of the file name.
Here is the step by step detail:
- To start, locate the QuickBooks company file with the “ND” file extension.
- After that, access the file that is causing an error.
- Once you find the file, click right on it.
- Select the “Rename” button from the right-click context menu.
- At this point, you need to add “OLD” after the file extension. Remember that you don’t need to delete anything; just add three more letters to it.
When you are done changing the ND file name, open QuickBooks Desktop. By now, this will solve the QuickBooks 6010 100 error.
Fix 5: Enable the Single User Mode in QuickBooks
There are a few functions that cannot be performed if QuickBooks is not running in Single-User mode. It prevents other users from modifying the data while critical processes are running in QuickBooks. Hence, in this method, we recommend you switch to the single-user mode so that you can perform certain tasks.
- Ensure all the other users have logged out of their QuickBooks account.
- Then, log in to your “QuickBooks” account if not logged in.
- After that, navigate to the “File” menu.
- Now, go to “Switch Single User” mode.
As you turn QuickBooks into single-user mode, you can easily perform QuickBooks tasks such as reinstalling the QuickBooks program and accessing the company files.
Fix 6: Run Quick Fix My Program
If you are unable to access QuickBooks and constantly facing QuickBooks 6010 2 error, you should run Quick Fix My Program. By using this tool, you can repair unwanted errors. The tool can be accessed from QuickBooks Tool Hub directly. If you are not having QuickBooks Tools Hub then download and install it on the Windows computer.
Once done with the QuickBooks Tools Hub software installation, you can proceed with the following steps:
- Open the “QuickBooks Tool Hub” on your computer.
- As the tool opens, move to the “Program Problems” section located on the left.
- Now, you can press the “Quick Fix my program” button.
This tool will help you to scan the issue and repair it automatically. As you run the tool, you may have to wait for a while. When the process is completed, you can restart your computer and open the QuickBooks Desktop.
While using QuickBooks or installing its application, you may bump into errors unexpectedly. If you have stumbled upon QuickBooks error 6010 2, you don’t need to worry. This error can be easily rectified if you troubleshoot it with the right method. Here, we have already given you a number of fixes that will help you to run QuickBooks efficiently.
Solve more errors in QuickBooks Desktop! Check out the following guides you may be interested in: