Lately, has Bluetooth stopped working on your device? If you haven’t been able to figure the right fix for the problem, then you should invest your time in reading this post. Mac, Windows 7, Windows 10, Android, Ford SYNC, Chromebook, Samsung, Apple Watch, iPad, and iPhone Bluetooth not working issues will be fixed in this post.
- Why is My Bluetooth Not Working?
- How can I Fix iPhone Bluetooth Not Working?
- Fix 1: Disconnect and Reconnect Bluetooth Device on iPhone
- Fix 2: Try Updating iOS Software of iPhone
- Fix 3: Turn off Bluetooth and Hard Restart iPhone
- Fix 4: Pair the Device to Bluetooth Again on iPhone 6S
- Fix 5: Try Resetting Network Settings on iPhone 7
- Fix 6: Restart Your iPhone 8
- Fix 7: Restart Your iPhone 11
- Fix 8: Turn iPhone X’s Bluetooth off and on
- What should I Do When My Bluetooth is Not Working on My iPad?
- How to Fix Bluetooth Not Working on Mac?
- Fix 1: Reset Bluetooth Module on Mac
- Fix 2: Use Safe Mode to Restart MacBook
- Fix 3: Try Removing Preferences & Repairing Disk Permissions on MacBook Pro
- How to Fix Bluetooth Not Working on Windows 7?
- How can I Fix Bluetooth Not Working Windows 10 Error?
- Fix 1: Try Updating Drivers on Windows 10
- Fix 2: Install Bluetooth Device Again on Windows 10
- Fix 3: Launch Troubleshooter on Windows 10
- How to Fix Bluetooth Not Working on Android?
- Fix 1: Restart Your Android Device and Enable Bluetooth Again
- Fix 2: Remove Bluetooth Cache on Android
- Fix 3: Use Safe Mode for Running Bluetooth on Android
- How can I Fix Ford SYNC Bluetooth Not Working?
- How to Fix Chromebook Bluetooth Not Working Issue?
- Fix 1: Check the Range of Chromebook Bluetooth and Paired Device
- Fix 2: Pair Bluetooth Again on Chromebook
- How can I Fix Samsung Sound Bar Bluetooth Not Working Issue?
- Fix 1: Ensure Soundbar has been Set to Bluetooth Pairing Mode on Samsung
- Fix 2: Pair Any Other Device to Bluetooth on Samsung
- How can I Fix Apple Watch Bluetooth Not Working Problem?
Why is My Bluetooth Not Working?
Here is a list of reasons why Bluetooth may not be working on your device.
1. The Bluetooth device may not have been properly connected.
2. Your device’s software may not be updated.
3. The hardware settings of Bluetooth may not have been enabled.
4. Your computer’s drivers, being out of date, may be the source of the problem.
5. Not clearing the Bluetooth cache could be the next cause of the error.
6. The devices paired via Bluetooth may not have been kept within the fixed range.
More causes can be found as you read ahead.
How can I Fix iPhone Bluetooth Not Working?
In the following fixes, you will find different ways to make your iPhone’s Bluetooth work. These fixes will be suitable for iPhone 6S, iPhone 7, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, and iPhone X users.
Fix 1: Disconnect and Reconnect Bluetooth Device on iPhone
“Why is my Bluetooth not working on my iPhone?” There may be an issue in pairing the Bluetooth device. As a result of this, it may not be connecting and working well.
You can disconnect and reconnect it to make it work. Here is how you can do this fix.
1. The “Settings” of your device need to be opened.
2. Then you can select “Bluetooth”.
3. Choose the Bluetooth device for disconnecting.
4. Then tap “Disconnect”.
5. Turn off “Bluetooth”. Then turn it on and reconnect the device.
Fix 2: Try Updating iOS Software of iPhone
The problem of iPhone Bluetooth not working can show up when iOS has not been updated. You can quickly check for any updates available. You can install the updates and the problem will not be seen. To check for the updates, these steps can guide you.
1. On your iPhone, open the “Settings”.
2. Tap on “General”.
3. Press “Software Update”.
Note: If an update is out there, then it will be installed. If no update is available and your device is using the latest iOS software, then you will be informed of the same on your screen.
Fix 3: Turn off Bluetooth and Hard Restart iPhone
Certain users have tried to hard restart their iPhones after turning off the Bluetooth. This solution worked for them and Bluetooth started working as usual. If you would also like to use this solution, then here is the procedure to do it.
1. Open your device’s “Settings”.
2. Tap on the “Bluetooth” option.
3. Turn off the toggle switch available on the top.
4. Next, hard restart the device.
In the case of iPhone 8, iPhone X, or later models, tap the “Volume up” button and release it. Then press the “Volume down” button and release it. On your device’s other side, tap the “Side” button and hold it. Keep holding it until your device’s screen goes off and turns on. As the “Apple” logo appears, you can stop holding the button.
In the case of iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, press the “Side” button and “Volume Down” button together for at least 10 seconds. The “Apple” logo will show up.
For an earlier iPhone model other than the ones mentioned above, the “Power” and “Home” buttons need to be pressed for at least 10 seconds. Then the “Apple” logo will be seen. And the iPhone Bluetooth not working error will be settled.
Fix 4: Pair the Device to Bluetooth Again on iPhone 6S
“Why is my iPhone’s Bluetooth not working?” A possible reason for this could be that the device has not been correctly paired. You can pair it again to fix the issue.
1. Head to the “Settings”.
2. Tap “Bluetooth”.
3. Tap on “Forget this Device”.
4. Now, pair the device again.
The iPhone 6 Bluetooth not working issue will be resolved.
Fix 5: Try Resetting Network Settings on iPhone 7
The iPhone 7 Bluetooth not working error can be fixed in a simple way. You can reset the network settings. For Bluetooth issues of several types, this fix will work.
Note: Resetting the network settings will erase the Bluetooth information. Along with that, network settings for others, including VPN and Wi-Fi, will also get erased.
Fix 6: Restart Your iPhone 8
When an error like iPhone 8 Bluetooth not working occurs, you can troubleshoot it in a minute. You can choose to restart your iPhone 8. Along with that, you can also restart the Bluetooth accessory. When you connect them after restarting, you should not face such an issue.
Fix 7: Restart Your iPhone 11
Here, we will show you how to resolve the iPhone 11 Bluetooth not working error in just 6 steps. For this, we will be restarting the device.
1. Head to the “Settings”.
2. Select “General”.
3. Choose “Shut Down”.
4. Then turn off the device by moving the slider.
5. To restart, keep the “Sleep”/”Wake” button pressed.
6. Now, try using your Bluetooth.
Fix 8: Turn iPhone X’s Bluetooth off and on
Is the iPhone X Bluetooth not working? The easiest way to make it work is by turning it off and on. These are 2 steps to do it.
1. In the “Settings”, tap on “Bluetooth”.
2. Press the toggle button to turn it off. Then press it again for turning it on.
What should I Do When My Bluetooth is Not Working on My iPad?
In case Bluetooth does not work on your iPad, you can get the problem settled by applying the 2 fixes given below. In these fixes, you will learn to update your device’s software as well as force reboot it.
Fix 1: Update Software of Your iPad
“How can I resolve the iPad Bluetooth not working error?” To begin with, you can update your iPad’s software. If the software of your iPad has not been updated, then you can see such an error. You can look for the latest updates available. Then you can install them and Bluetooth will work.
Fix 2: Force Reboot iPad and Start Bluetooth Again
You can try to force reboot your device when Bluetooth is not properly working. Afterwards, you can turn on the Bluetooth again. Do you know how to force reboot your iPad? You can see the steps for this below.
1. Go to the “Settings” on your iPad.
2. Tap on “Bluetooth”. Turn it off.
3. Force restart the device.
Note: If you have an iPad with face ID, quickly tap and release “Volume up”. Then quickly tap and release “Volume down”. Now, keep the “Power” button pressed till the iPad starts again. If you have an iPad with a “Home” button, press “Home” and the “Top”/”Side” button. Release them when you see the Apple logo.
4. Turn on “Bluetooth” by following steps 1 and 2 mentioned above.
The problem of Bluetooth not working on iPad should stop surfacing.
How to Fix Bluetooth Not Working on Mac?
You are now about to read 3 fixes for resolving the Bluetooth problems on Mac. These fixes will be suitable for carrying out on MacBook as well as MacBook Pro.
Fix 1: Reset Bluetooth Module on Mac
How to troubleshoot Mac Bluetooth not working error? Simply reset your Mac. The error will go away.
1. Press the “Shift” and “Option” (Alt) keys. Hold them.
2. Press the “Bluetooth” icon in menu bar while you hold the keys.
3. Tap “Debug”.
4. Press “Reset the Bluetooth Module”.
5. Your system needs to be rebooted now.
Fix 2: Use Safe Mode to Restart MacBook
Users often complain of MacBook Bluetooth not working. We always suggest that they restart their device using the Safe Mode. You can also do it in 7 steps.
1. Your system needs to be turned off.
2. Then start your Mac and keep the “Shift” key pressed.
3. The login screen will appear. Then stop pressing the “Shift” key.
4. Sign in to your Mac.
5. “Safe Mode” will be running now. Check your Bluetooth.
6. Restarting Mac, as usual, is the next step.
7. Then check Bluetooth again.
Fix 3: Try Removing Preferences & Repairing Disk Permissions on MacBook Pro
When MacBook Pro users ran into this Bluetooth issue, they deleted the preferences. Additionally, they repaired the disk permissions. For carrying out this solution, you can use these steps.
1. Open the “Utilities” folder.
2. Click on “Applications”.
3. Open “Disk Utility”.
4. Pick your startup disk.
5. Select “Repair Permissions”.
6. Visit “~/Library/Preferences”.
7. Here, the file named “com.apple.Bluetooth.plist” has to be deleted.
8. Restart your MacBook Pro.
The MacBook Pro Bluetooth not working problem should not be seen any further.
How to Fix Bluetooth Not Working on Windows 7?
For the Windows Bluetooth not working error, you can turn on the hardware settings. More details about this can be read in the next section.
Fix 1: Enable Bluetooth Hardware Settings on Windows 7
Windows 7 PC Bluetooth not working problem can be removed in 5 steps. These will guide you to enable the hardware settings.
1. In the area of notifications, press the icon of “Bluetooth”.
2. Click on “Open Settings”.
3. In the dialog box for “Bluetooth Settings”, tick all the Bluetooth hardware settings.
4. Then press “Ok”.
5. Close the dialog box.
How can I Fix Bluetooth Not Working Windows 10 Error?
On Windows 10 computers, Bluetooth can sometimes fail to work. You can update its drivers, reinstall the Bluetooth device, and run the troubleshooter to make it work without any failure.
Fix 1: Try Updating Drivers on Windows 10
Windows 10 users face Bluetooth issues when drivers have not been updated. In case the drivers on your system are also out of date, you can use the following procedure to update them.
1. Run the “Device Manager” on Windows 10.
2. The Bluetooth device needs to be right-clicked.
3. Choose “Properties”.
4. In “Advanced”, provide the number beside “Manufacturer ID”.
5. Then provide the “Manufacturer ID”.
You will be directed to a page from where the latest drivers can be downloaded. After updating, check whether the Bluetooth not working Windows 10 error is persisting.
Fix 2: Install Bluetooth Device Again on Windows 10
To troubleshoot Bluetooth not working on Windows 10, you can install the device again. This can be done from the Device Manager. For the exact directions, you can read below.
1. In “Search”, write “devicemngr”.
2. Click on “Device Manager”.
3. Tap right on the Bluetooth device.
4. Click on “Uninstall”.
5. Confirm your action and press “Uninstall” again.
6. Restart your Windows 10 PC.
The new drivers will be automatically downloaded. Then you can establish the Bluetooth connection again.
Fix 3: Launch Troubleshooter on Windows 10
The troubleshooter provided in Windows 10 computer can be efficiently utilized for sorting out the Bluetooth issues. To launch it, you can check out the following steps.
1. In the “Settings”, click on “Update & Security”.
2. Then press “Troubleshoot”.
3. Click on “Bluetooth”.
4. Click on “Run the Troubleshooter”.
5. With the help of the directions on your screen, complete the further steps.
6. Now, restart your system.
How to Fix Bluetooth Not Working on Android?
Android phone’s Bluetooth not working issue can be cleared in 3 ways. You can restart it and enable Bluetooth again. You can clear the Bluetooth cache and also run it in the Safe Mode.
Fix 1: Restart Your Android Device and Enable Bluetooth Again
As you would know, restarting your Android device can fix a multitude of problems. It may be helpful in fixing this one as well. Let’s see how to do it.
1. Press the “Power” button for long to turn off the device.
2. After a few minutes, start the Android device.
3. When your device is on, access the “Main Menu” and go to the “Settings”.
4. Tap on “Bluetooth” and turn it on.
5. Pair a device with Bluetooth to check that it is working.
Fix 2: Remove Bluetooth Cache on Android
Why is Bluetooth not working on Android? The Bluetooth cache might be causing this issue. Clearing the cache will be recommended. If you’re not familiar with the method to do so, then you can find it below.
1. Tap “Settings” on your device.
2. Run the “Application Manager”.
3. From the services and apps, tap on the “Bluetooth” service.
4. Select “Storage”.
5. Choose “Clear Cache”.
6. Return to the menu. Then restart the device.
7. Then turn on “Bluetooth”.
8. Connect a device to the “Bluetooth”.
Fix 3: Use Safe Mode for Running Bluetooth on Android
When Bluetooth does not work normally, you can run it in the Safe Mode. This method to enable this mode has been simplified in this section.
1. Press the “Power” button and hold it. The power menu of your Android device will turn on.
2. Now, press the “Power” button. This time, press it for long.
3. You will see the option to restart in the “Safe Mode”. Your phone will start booting in this mode. Wait for 60 seconds on reaching the “Main Menu”.
4. Then start “Bluetooth”. Pair the desired device with it.
How can I Fix Ford SYNC Bluetooth Not Working?
If you are having trouble while using Bluetooth on Ford, then you can try the most useful fix. As you read further, you will find more about it.
Fix 1: Shut Down and Connect Bluetooth Again on Ford
Ford SYNC Bluetooth not working issues can be cleared in one easy way. This includes shutting down the vehicle and then reconnecting Bluetooth.
1. Shut down the vehicle.
2. Try opening and closing the door.
3. When SYNC is completely off, start the vehicle.
4. Press its “Power” button and hold it.
5. From the power options, tap “Shutdown”/”Power off”.
6. After a minute, again press the “Power” button. Hold it till you see the light of the Android.
7. Now, reconnect the Bluetooth again.
How to Fix Chromebook Bluetooth Not Working Issue?
Why is Chromebook Bluetooth not working? May be the device has been placed out of range or the pairing has not been correctly done. To clear the sources that are generating this problem, you can find the solutions as follows.
Fix 1: Check the Range of Chromebook Bluetooth and Paired Device
The range of the Bluetooth device and your Chromebook is important. When you pair a device with the Bluetooth of your Chromebook, always see to it that the device is not out of the range. Try to keep it within 10 feet. In case it is kept very far from your Chromebook, then the connection may fail and Bluetooth may not work.
Fix 2: Pair Bluetooth Again on Chromebook
You can also attempt to pair the Bluetooth device again on your Chromebook. It may help in repairing the Bluetooth problem. This can be done in 8 steps only.
1. When your Chromebook is on, at the bottom-right, click on the “Clock”.
2. Press the icon of “Bluetooth”.
3. Click on the “Gear” icon.
4. Click on the three dots on the right side of the device which has to be unpaired.
5. Choose “Remove from List”.
6. To pair the device again, press the “Clock” again.
7. Click on the “Bluetooth” icon.
8. Find the device to pair and choose it.
Note: In case you cannot find the device, you can force it for the pairing mode.
9. Allow some time for the pairing process to complete. When it is complete, you will receive a notification.
Once the pairing has been successfully done, you can start using Bluetooth on your Chromebook. It will finely work now.
How can I Fix Samsung Sound Bar Bluetooth Not Working Issue?
Your Bluetooth may not work on the soundbar of Samsung if the pairing mode has not been enabled or the device has an error. For troubleshooting this, you can find 2 fixes below.
Fix 1: Ensure Soundbar has been Set to Bluetooth Pairing Mode on Samsung
“Why is my Bluetooth not working on Samsung’s soundbar?” Not setting it to the Bluetooth pairing mode is one of the reasons for this. So, in the first fix, you will find out how to set the soundbar to the pairing mode of Bluetooth. Its steps have been mentioned here.
1. On the soundbar or remote, tap “Source” a number of times.
2. “BT” will be shown on the display of the soundbar. Press “Wait”.
3. Then tap on “BT Pairing”.
4. You will see “BT Ready” on the soundbar. Next, tap “Source” and hold it. Leave it when you see “BT Pairing” on the display.
Fix 2: Pair Any Other Device to Bluetooth on Samsung
It may be the case that the device you are pairing with Bluetooth on Samsung TV is problematic. Thus, you may be unable to connect it and Bluetooth may not work. You can try to pair any other device.
If the other device gets connected to the Samsung TV’s Bluetooth, then you can be sure that the former device was problematic.
How can I Fix Apple Watch Bluetooth Not Working Problem?
Your Apple Watch’s Bluetooth may not be working due to a bug. Clearing this bug has been made easier with our 2 fixes. Know the details of these in the up-coming sections.
Fix 1: Try Restarting Apple Watch
The first solution should be to restart the Apple Watch. Below you can see how to restart it.
1. Press the “Side” button of the watch. Hold it until you see the “Power off” slider.
2. The “Power” icon needs to be swiped to the right.
3. Wait for half a minute.
4. Press the “Side” button. Hold it till the “Apple” logo shows up.
5. Your watch will turn on. Then try connecting to Bluetooth.
Fix 2: Ensure Bluetooth of Other Device is on
Here is the last fix for Apple Watch Bluetooth not working issue. Apple Watch comes with no option to turn off Bluetooth. So, when such a problem arises, you can check whether the other device’s Bluetooth is on. If the device’s Bluetooth is off, then it will not work
We believe this post was worth your time. By now, your Bluetooth would have been fixed and you would be prepared to use it. Do you need more help? Click here to find out how to change Bluetooth name on iPhone. Also, read how to turn on Bluetooth on Windows 10.