Error QuickBooks OL 334 generally crops up while updating bank accounts through online services and performing online banking transactions. This error is also known as a bank feed error as it occurs when users enter the wrong pin beyond the allowed limit.
The following guide covers all major causes of QuickBooks error OL-334 and explains methods to fix them effectively.
What are the major causes of the QuickBooks OL-334 Bank feed error code?
- Bank server issues.
- New bank updates.
- Internet connection issues.
- Corrupt company files.
- Deleted files.
- Outdated operating system or QuickBooks version.
- Downloads with inaccurate format while importing or exporting.
- Improper configuration of an online account in QuickBooks Software.
- Disabled services such as Bill Pay service.
- Wrong login credentials.
- Establishing a connection using an inactive account.
- Unavailable or under maintenance server.
- Bank unable to identify the account information.
Before jumping on to the solutions to fix OL 334 QuickBooks error, there are a few things one must take care of.
- Check your internet connectivity because you are required to stay connected while downloading online banking invoices and transactions.
- Verify the firewall settings and recheck the security configuration.
- Check if you have the latest QuickBooks version. If not then download the supporting version and after that check if the error still exists.
- Verify whether the transactions are successfully downloaded from the Bank to the company file folder. If not it is recommended that you contact the Bank and ask them to perform the account verification.
- Before performing troubleshooting ensure that you are log in to your account from another system or any online website. To perform this, you need to recheck the bank feeds folders including Connlog.txt file to monitor connection failure logs so that these messages will be shown to the bank for getting assistance regarding the error. Contact the bank and ask them to troubleshoot the error.
After following all the aforementioned instructions, if you still receive the same error notification then you must perform the following troubleshooting solutions.
Turn on TLS 1.2
- Open the latest version of Internet Explorer 11.
- You will spot the gear icon on the upper right section of the Internet Explorer. Click on it.
- Go to the Internet Options and hit the Advanced Tab button.
- You will now find the security section here. Keep scrolling down until you spot the TLS 1.0 and USE TLS 1.2.
- Uncheck the USE 1.0 and check USE TLS 1.2.
- Apply all the changes and click Ok.
- Restart the system.
The problem will be resolved. If it does not, check out the following solution.
Perform the bank feeds deactivation and reactivation process
To deactivate, follow these steps:
- Locate list and then select Chart of Accounts.
- Right-click on the option named account associated with the error.
- And then choose Edit Account.
- Hit the Bank feed settings button.
- Click on Deactivate all services.
To Reactivate follow the below steps:
- Discover Chart of Accounts in the list option.
- Click on the account linked with QuickBooks error code OL-334 and after that click on Edit Account.
- Hit on Set up Bank Feeds and select Yes.
- Now enter the required details and proceed.
- Select the connect option.
- The software will display entire bank account details. Explore it and then link it with an existing account.
- Hit on the Next option.
Create a new company file
- Navigate to the QuickBooks Company file menu.
- There you will find the New Company tab.
- Select it and hit the Express Start button.
- After this add the bank account which is facing the issue.
- Set up the account for bank feeds on this recently created company file.
- Try to download the bank feed transactions to verify this account.
Check if the error persists. If it actually does then you should put the blame on the bank for the problem.
QuickBooks error code OL 334 is a very common connection error that you can fix by implementing the aforementioned methods. However, if, in case, you are stuck on any step, reach out to us at QuickBooks error support number. Get instant assistance through live chat support.