QuickBooks developed by Intuit is an accounting software that is being used widely for organizing income and expenses in one place. The software automates your tasks of managing business with ease. It helps you to calculate sales tax, update transactions, tracking products, and other finance-related services.
As is well known every software has its own pros and cons. QuickBooks has its own error issues. For example, QuickBooks Error H202. This particular error affects the functionality of QuickBooks. Moreover, it does not allow users to access their financial tasks.
What is QuickBooks Error H202?
QuickBooks error code H202 is a type of error that shows a pop-up when a user uses QuickBooks in multi-user operation mode. The users find this QuickBooks H202 error when they open a company file on another computer and the copy of the QuickBooks file is unable to reach the server. Consequently, the users get a pop-up on their screen that states Error code: H202.
What Causes Error H202 in QuickBooks?
Before you resolve the errors in QuickBooks, you need to know the reason why this error occurs and affects the functionality of QuickBooks company file.
QuickBooks H202 error occurs when QuickBooks is in multi-user mode and the server is unable to get connected on another computer.
You can go through the following reasons that cause QuickBooks error H202.
- When the hosting settings are misconfigured.
- Communication has been blocked by a system firewall.
- DNS settings are not configured properly.
- Unable to get the IP address of the server or host system to QuickBooks desktop.
- QuickBooks services like QBCFMonitor or QuickBooksDBXX are not running.
- Damage problem with QuickBooks Database server manager could be the reason for this QuickBooks Error H202.
However, with every problem, there is a solution.
Facing QuickBooks H202 error? Fix it by following a few solutions in your QuickBooks desktop.
Hence, in the blog post, I am going to demonstrate how you can easily get rid of this QuickBooks error code H202.
5 Simple Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error H202.
In order to resolve QuickBooks H202 error code, you need to perform several tasks in the following order. Let us go through them one by one.
Check for Network Connectivity Issues
The first and basic solution that you need to follow is to check the network connectivity issues.
- Turn off the hosting on all the workstations on which QuickBooks is being hosted.
- All the networked workstations should be visible in the Network option.
- Pin the server from your workstation. To do this, you will have to type ping_[servername] and hit the Enter key.
After following the aforementioned steps, if you detect the issue with loss of a packet, this indicates the repair is still required. In this case, jump onto the next solution to fix the error.
Troubleshoot Network Issues using Diagnostic Tool
To troubleshoot network issues, you can use one of the best network diagnostic tools. QuickBooks File Doctor can be a great choice as it is provided by the Intuit itself. This QB File Doctor diagnoses and assists in troubleshooting to resolve the kinds of errors including QuickBooks error H202.
- With this diagnostic tool, the first thing you will have to do is to download and proceed to the installation process.
- After the installation, you can scan the folder where the company file is stored.
- Thereafter, you can quickly note down the IP addresses during the scanning process.
- In case that the Firewall Status section has the Open Ports button, you can enable those ports.
- Then, you can test the connectivity of the data file.
- Finally, you can try to open the company data file.
Once you are done using this diagnostics tool, if the error is still there, try to add QuickBook port to the list in Windows Firewall manually. If this does not happen then you need to try another solution to fix the QuickBooks error H202.
Update Server on Windows Host File
Now, adding the server to the host file of the system might help you to resolve QuickBooks error code H202 that is blocked. For that, you can follow these steps mentioned below.
- You can open the host file on your computer in the C Drive using Notepad.
- At this point, you can type the server IP address right after the last IP address.
- Here, you can save the file from the File menu and then exit from there.
- At last, try to open your QuickBooks company file.
Technically, this particular solution should work. But if the QuickBooks error H202 still occurs, go for the next solution.
Move the Company Files
After suspecting the QuickBooks error code H202, you can relocate the company file into a new folder. Thereafter, you can go through the steps to see how to get it done.
- First of all, create a new folder on the hosting computer.
- Then, you can provide the required permissions to share the QuickBooks company file.
- After that, move the database to the new folder you created just now.
- And then, open the company file in the multi-user mode.
After renaming and modifying the file and folder, if your screen shows the QuickBooks error H202, you can head over the next solution. It might help you resolve the error in QuickBooks.
Set QuickBooks Hosting to Local Files
To resolve the QuickBooks H202 error, you can simply set hosting to the local files.
- To do so, launch the QuickBooks and hit the F2 button (on your keyboard). This will show you the product information on your screen.
- Now here, below the local server information (on the bottom left), you can select Hosting in order to view Local File Only.
- However, you need to make sure that no other person is hosting the same company file on QuickBooks desktop.
After following the aforementioned solutions, if your screen shows the QuickBooks H202 error unresolved, then you can go for other ideas such as repair, restart QuickBooks database server manager, recreate the .ND file, and try using QuickBook repair software.
QuickBooks works tremendously in terms of financial support. Yet there are several error codes that affect its functionality. By following the above-mentioned solutions, you can easily resolve the QuickBooks error H202 in an easy way.
Despite following the solution one after another, if you detect the QuickBooks H202 error on your screen, then you can take support QuickBooks services from Intuit.