As a part of QuickBooks accounting software, the Scan Manager performs multiple tasks such as scanning invoices, sale receipts, and other transactions. It also assists in attaching files to your bills smoothly. Besides that, QuickBooks Scan Manager automatically imports and categorizes all the transactions.
While using QuickBooks Scan Manager, it is pretty common to encounter errors during the scanning process. So if your QuickBooks Scan Manager could not be selected then you can fix this issue to make it work again.
- What are the Issues Encountered While Scanning Bills in QuickBooks?
- What are the Advantages of Using QuickBooks Scan Manager?
What are the Issues Encountered While Scanning Bills in QuickBooks?
There are several issues that you may encounter while scanning the bills in your QuickBooks Desktop. Below are the possible errors that display on your screen.
- Unable to detect the scanner.
- Scan Manager is not responding.
- Problems while accessing the document in multi-user mode.
- Unable to find scanner drive.
- The scanning device and scanning manager are not compatible.
- Error message on screen; QuickBooks Scan Manager could not be selected.
- QuickBooks Scan Manager has stopped working.
- Showing error 281, 1 while using scanning a document.
- QuickBooks Scan Manager is unable to create a new profile.
- Screen shows an error; no profiles in QuickBooks scan manager.
- QuickBooks Scan Manager is lagging.
- Errors while attaching the documents.
What are the Advantages of Using QuickBooks Scan Manager?
With the help of QuickBooks Scan Manager, you can get your crucial tasks done easily. Below are the following advantages that benefit you after using QuickBooks Scan Manager.
- You can attach the files to your invoices, bills, sales receipt, and other transactions.
- The tool does not require you to be professional in accounting.
- You can easily connect it to your bank accounts in order to import and categorize the transactions.
- In QuickBooks Scan Manager, the balance sheet gets updated automatically. Also, the invoices, slips, and other documents generate automatically which as a result saves you time.
- The scan manager is endowed with a warehouse manager so the warehouse workers can get their work done in a short interval of time.
Fixes for QuickBooks Scan Manager Could Not Be Selected Error.
If your QuickBooks Scan Manager could not be selected, you can create a scan profile and test your scanner to resolve the problem. Let us know how to do that.
Fix 1 – Create the Scan Profile
- First of all, you need to select the Documents option from the Company menu. Then, you can select the Doc Center option.
- Next to this, you can choose Scan a Document.
- After that, choose the New option in order to set up your new profile or you can also select an existing scan profile.
- At this point, you are required to edit the name for your profile and select Continue.
- At last, you can adjust your profile settings as per the requirement and click on the Save button.
Fix 2 – Set up and Test the Scanner
- In the second step, you can Highlight your profile and hit the Select button.
- Next, you need to choose the Scanner Setup Wizard option which is located in the Select Scanner window.
Note: In the current selection field, your screen should display your scanner. In case you do not see your scanner then select Yes and hit the Next button in order to install the latest scanner database.
- Now you can choose the appropriate mode. It is basically considered a Normal mode.
- After this, check the box that says Perform Tests and go with Next option.
- At this point, you can select the test that you want to run. Then, click on the Next option twice to proceed to the scan test.
- Here, you will see the box that says Repeat this test in order to check all modes, you can check it and select the Next option in order to continue testing in other modes that are available.
Fix 3 – Scan and Add Documents
- Once you are done performing all the actions and testing all modes successfully, you can then start using the scanner.
- To attach the file, you can click on the Attach File option on any transaction.
Troubleshoot the Scan Manager Issues
If your QuickBooks Scan Manager could not be selected, you need to keep two things in consideration that are as follows.
- Check if you are using a TWAIN-compliant scanner.
- Make sure that you use the scanner outside of the QuickBooks.
In case you receive an error 281, 1 then you can go through the following steps mentioned below.
- Firstly, close the running QuickBooks Desktop app.
- Now go to the Windows Start option.
- Here, you can select the Search option and search for the Control Panel.
- Next to this, you can go through the Add/Remove Programs in the Classic view of a Control Panel.
- Thereafter, you can go for a specific QuickBooks installation.
- Now, select the option in order to repair the installation.
- In the end, you can relaunch the QuickBooks software and check if the error is resolved.
If you still find the error then you can follow the complete uninstallation of the QuickBooks Desktop app and along with that perform the clean re-install.
Scan Bills and Invoices using QuickBooks Scan Manager
If you want to speed your entry into QuickBooks, you can connect Scan2Voice and QuickBooks online.
- Scan: Click the scan option in Scan2Voice. Doing so, the program will start scanning the invoice. Then, it converts the scanned file into a PDF format and displays a new file.
- Extract Data: This is a fast and easy method as it allows you to extract data and let you review the details.
- Upload: Click on the Upload button. This will create the invoice and attach a scanned PDF file to the QuickBooks online invoice.
If your QuickBooks Scan Manager could not be selected or you receive an error 281, 1 on your screen then you can perform the aforementioned actions. If creating your new scan profile and testing the scanner do not work then you can troubleshoot scan manager issues. This will surely fix your problem.