Netflix error code M7121-1331 is a playback error that usually occurs while streaming Netflix over unsupported web browsers such as Vivaldi, UC Browser, and Brave. All these can interfere with your streaming device and give you the following message:
|Whoops, something went wrong…Unexpected ErrorThere was an unexpected error. Please reload the page and try again.|
Error code: M7121-1331-P7
Causes of Netflix Error M7121-1331
Besides an unsupported browser that causes M7121-1331 Netflix error, there are various other possible reasons why this error occurs:
Netflix Server Is Down
An error like this can occur due to an internal outage at Netflix’s server end.
Cached Data or Cookies
The Netflix platform is very prompt about the cached data and cookies, which get stored in its system in the form of browsing history. Users should always ensure to clean such files regularly to avoid Netflix error M7121-1331.
Unsupported Web Browsers
Do you know that there are only a few web browsers that support HD quality content on Netflix? These include Chrome, Safari, Microsoft Edge, and Mozilla Firefox. Other web browsers such as Vivaldi, Brave, UC, QQ, and Baidu give users Netflix M7121-1331 P7 error.
Accessing Public Network
Streaming Netflix on the public network can give your device the Netflix error code M7121-1331 because these networks do not allow any streaming platform to function on their domain networks.
How to resolve Netflix error M7121-1331 on your streaming devices?
Since you now know what causes the Netflix error code M7121-1331, let’s now find out how to fix this while making your streaming experience lovable every time you access Netflix.
Fix 1 – Ensure that your browser supports Netflix
The web browsers that are supported by Netflix are as follows :
- Google Chrome 64-bit version on Windows 7 or above, Mac OS X 10.10 or later (Mavericks), Chrome OS, or Linux.
- Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 8.1 or above.
- Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
- Mozilla Firefox 59.0.3 or above on Windows 7 or later or Mac OS X 10.10 or later (Yosemite).
- Opera 47.0.2631.80 or above on Windows 7 and all the above versions or Mac OS X 10.10 or later.
- Safari web browser on Mac OS X 10.10 or later (Yosemite).
Fix 2 – Disable Chrome Extensions
There are several extensions available on chrome that enhance the Netflix streaming experience. However, some of them can cause the Netflix error code m7121 1331 4027 because they violate Netflix’s terms and conditions. If you have any of those extensions in your Chrome, you may need to disable before trying to stream Netflix again. To disable, you should do the following:
- In the Address bar field in Chrome, type chrome://extensions.
- Scroll down to the list of extensions. Use a toggle to disable the extension, which is currently enabled (enabled extensions are highlighted with blue toggle)
- Now visit the Netflix website and try to stream any video to see if it resolves the issue.
Fix 3 – Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome
If your streaming device still pops the Netflix M7121-1331-P7 error, you need to uninstall the browser and then reinstall it. It is because you might be using an outdated Chrome version, which is giving you this error. To uninstall, do the following:
- On your computer, close all Chrome windows and tabs.
- Click on the Start menu and then, Settings.
- Click Apps. Under ‘’Apps & features’’, choose to click Google Chrome.
- To delete all the browsing history data, profile information, click on ‘Also delete your browsing data’.
- Click Uninstall. Confirm by clicking the Uninstall button again.
To reinstall Google Chrome browser, do the following:
- Download the installation file.
- Click Run or Save, if prompted by any Windows permission.
- Now, double click on the download to start the installation process.
- Once Chrome is installed, try Netflix again.
Fix 4 – Update Chrome’s content protection feature
If you’re experiencing error code M7121-1331-4027 Netflix on your computer, it signifies that the particular component of your browser is not updated or blocked by the security settings. To troubleshoot that, follow these steps :
- Navigate to the address bar of your Chrome browser and type chrome://components and hit Enter.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and locate the Widevine Content Decryption Module component.
- Select Check for update.
- Once done, reboot the system to save changes. Try to connect Netflix again to see if it is working well.
Fix 5 – Clean the Cached data and Cookies
If all the above solution still gives you error code M7121-1331 Netflix, try to clean the web browsing history in the form of cookies that pile up the RAM space, affecting the software as well as hardware components. To clear browsing data, do the following :
- Navigate to the address bar of your Chrome browser and type chrome://settings, and then press Enter.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the ‘Advanced’ tab.
- At the Advanced menu, scroll down to select the option Clear browsing data.
- In the next pop up window, check all the boxes that say, Cookies, Auto-fill information and browsing history. Set the time range to ‘All time.’
- Click the option ‘Clear Data’ to delete all the temporary files containing web browsing history.
- Launch Chrome again and connect Netflix to see if it is streaming without playback error.
- Click the Library button, click History and then click Clear Recent History.
- Click on the drop-down menu next to the Time range to clear to choose everything, to clear all the data stored since the last exercise.
- Use the check box to select what information you want to clear from your history, which includes Browsing & download history, Cookies, Cache, Active logins and Form & search history. Check all the boxes to clear all of them.
- Click the Clear Now button. The items which you have selected will be cleared from Mozilla’s history.
- Launch the Mozilla Firefox again and connect Netflix to see if it removes the error.
For Mac Safari
- From the Safari menu, select Clear History
- Select the desired time range, and then click Clear History.
- Quit Safari or press Command-Q to exit the browser completely.
- Launch the Safari web browser and Connect Netflix to see if it resolves the error.
If you are still not able to resolve Netflix streaming error M7121-1331 or other Netflix issues such as Netflix code UI 800-2 and Netflix code 2-5 among others, let us know. We will provide you with customized solutions according to your streaming device.