The Epson error code 0x69 is a common issue encountered by the users of the device. Causes like the misconfiguration of your computer that is connected to your printer, circuit issues, motherboard failure, etc., can result in this error on Epson WF 3620 Printer, Epson WF 3640 Printer, and other such models. Problems with your printer’s ink or motor too can cause this particular error. At large, the 0x69 error code can indicate issues with the internal hardware of your Epson printing device. To fix it, you can reboot your device at first. Along with this, you can update your Windows system, check that your printer has no jammed paper, install the updates for the printer drivers, or use tools like the Troubleshooting Tool by Microsoft.
To know in detail about these fixes and the procedures to execute them, you can read ahead. Also, here you can learn more about the causes of this Epson printer error.
- What is the 0x69 Epson Error?
- Major Causes Of Epson Printer Error Code 0x69
- How to Fix the Error Code 0x69 in Epson WF3640&3620 Printer?
- Fix 1 : Reboot Epson Printer
- Fix 2 : Update Your Printer
- Fix 3: Ensure that the Cartridge Door is Closed
- Fix 4: Ensure No Jammed Paper is Stuck in Your Epson Printer
- Fix 5: Unplug Your Epson Printer
- Fix 6: Take out the Device’s Cartridge
- Fix 7: Implement the Troubleshooting Tool of Microsoft
- Fix 8: Clean Epson Printer’s Printhead and Nozzle
- Fix 9: Try Checking Windows Registry
- Fix 10: Remove Hardware Issues
- Fix 11: Clean the Clogged Nozzles via Wet Paper Towel
- Fix 12: Resolve Connection Problems
- Fix 13: Update Your Epson Printer’s Driver
- Fix 14: Connect with Epson Helpline Service
What is the 0x69 Epson Error?
The Epson error code 0x69 is a general error that you may come across while printing a document on your WF 3620, WF 3640, WF 7610 printer. This error code indicates a warning hinting at the internal hardware problems. Till the time these problems are fixed, the error code may keep preventing you from printing or using the functions of your device.
Major Causes Of Epson Printer Error Code 0x69
The main cause of the occurrence of the Epson 0x69 error code in this printer is the wrong configuration of the system files of the device in the Microsoft Windows Operating Systems. There can be other causes too that may be leading to this error. Some of these causes of the error have been listed below:
- The missing files of your Epson printer may be causing the 0x69 error.
- In an instance of violation access, such an error could occur.
- The next reason behind this error can be inclusive of dismissing the registration of your Epson Printer.
- The inability to locate the path “%PROGFILES64%\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\Epson WF3640” may make your device vulnerable to such a problem.
- The Bluetooth application may be unable to start as the obligatory component may be missing.
- The cartridge door of your Epson printer may not have been correctly closed.
- There may be bits of jammed paper stuck in your device.
- Improper installation of the files relating to your printer can be the next cause.
- The OS may have been misconfigured.
- A fault may be present in the Windows registry files.
How to Fix the Error Code 0x69 in Epson WF3640&3620 Printer?
When the Epson printer error 0x69 occurs, you should reboot the device. If rebooting doesn’t help on your Epson L1455, WF-7610, or WF-7620 Printer, use Microsoft’s Troubleshooting Tool. Along with this, you can clean the printhead and nozzles of your machine, clear the hardware issues, update the printer driver, etc.
If you encounter this error in your Epson WF3640 Printer, WF3620 Printer, or any other model of the brand, then you can troubleshoot it by following the manual mode as well.
Fix 1 : Reboot Epson Printer
- Generally, the error code 0x69 occurs in the Epson WF3640& 3620 Printer due to the circuit issue that can be associated with printing motor or ink system issue. So, you should turn ON the printer and plug it off suddenly. This process should be carried out when your printer is boosting. You will have to wait for at least 15 minutes and reboot your system again.
Fix 2 : Update Your Printer
If you are using your Epson printer on your Windows PC, then ensure that the computer’s OS has been updated. In case the updates have not been installed, the Epson printer error 0x69 may be getting generated. To check for the updates, as well as install them, go to the Start Menu of your Windows computer. Using the option of Search, write Windows Update and open the most suitable option from the results. In the dialog box that now opens, select the option of Windows Update. Once the process hits completion, you will have to reboot your Windows computer.
Please Note: It is suggested that you should at least have Windows 7 operating system installed on your computer system, if you are working on Epson WF3640 & WF3620 Printer, as the older versions are not compatible with the same.
- Check for any updates regarding your Epson printer. It is a common error that occurs in the printer can be resolved easily by updating your printer.
- It is suggested that you should at least have Windows 7 operating system installed on your computer system, if you are working on Epson WF3640& 3620 Printer, as the older versions are not compatible with the same.
- Start your computer and press the Windows Start icon from the Taskbar.
- In the Search section, enter Windows Update and press Enter from the keyboard.
- Windows Update option will be displayed in the dialog box, click on it to begin the process.
- After this process of Updating your Windows is completed, reboot your system.
- Sign in to the system as the Administrator.
- Go to Start option again and click on the All Programs and Accessories option.
- Now, click on then System Tools and then press System Restore option.
- A dialog box will be displayed on system, select the Restore my computer for an earlier time option and click Next tab.
- Complete this process by selecting the latest system restore section and then press Next about the confirmation window to end this process completely.
- Reboot your system.
- Now, use your Epson printer for taking print-outs.
If the printout is successfully received, then the Epson printer code 0x69 error will have been fixed.
Fix 3: Ensure that the Cartridge Door is Closed
When the cartridge door of your Epson printer isn’t completely or correctly closed, the 0x69 error may be witnessed. To check that the door has been closed in the right way, or to make the necessary changes, you can turn off the device. Then you can remove the cables and cords connected to it. Followed by this, remove the connection between your Epson printer and computer. When the device is completely off and devoid of any charge, remove the front cover, look for the cartridges, and then close the door. After all this has been done, you have to start over your printing device as well as your computer.
Thus, the cause leading to the 0x69 error code in Epson printers will be removed. Now, you will be able to use your printer without finding any difficulties.
Please Note: Certain users of Epson printers may not have used their devices for many days. The devices may have entered the sleep mode. While your device may seem to be turned off, it may actually be in this mode. You can tap any of its buttons for bringing your Epson printer out of that mode. After this, you can turn it off and then proceed with this fix.
- Turn off your Epson printer if it is on.
- Remove every cord that is connected to the device.
- Also, unplug the USB cables that may be connected to your device.
- Make sure that your device and your computer are not connected to each other.
- Press the “Power” key. Hold the key for some time.
Please Note: When the “Power” key is pressed by you for some time, it will become completely discharged.
- Now, the device’s front cover has to be printed.
- Look for the ink cartridges of your Epson printer.
- Ensure that the position of the ink cartridges is correct. While you position it, keep the cartridge in the slot and push it in a gentle manner. When the cartridge has been correctly installed, you will see the green-colored tab coming upwards.
Please Note: In case the position of the ink cartridges does not seem to be correct, safely take them out. Then you can position them again. If there is a need to change or reset them, then you can get more information about the same here.
- Now, shut the cover of your device.
- Attach the USB cables.
- Also, connect the power cord.
- Start over your machine.
- Then restart your computer.
- Now, you can connect your printer to your computer and start using it.
Fix 4: Ensure No Jammed Paper is Stuck in Your Epson Printer
Jammed paper stuck in your Epson printer can give rise to many problems. The Epson 0x69 error code is one of these problems. As you can guess, the simplest way to remove this error code is by doing away with the jammed paper. You can manually inspect the different parts of your Epson printer to check for the presence of any bits stuck inside. In case the bits or any other elements that can cause obstructions are found, gently take them out. While inspecting for and removing these elements of the paper, in case any printer parts are removed by you, place them back. Now, try to use your printer. You can also give a test print to check whether or not the error has been resolved,
Fix 5: Unplug Your Epson Printer
The Epson printer error code 0x69 can be settled by unplugging your printer for some time as well as checking the interiors of it. While checking the interiors, you will have to ensure that no pieces of jammed paper, any obstructions, or unwanted elements are found inside. If they are found, then you can remove them one by one without inflicting much force in your actions. Eventually, the Epson WorkForce error code 0x69 will stop occurring.
- Shut down your Epson printer.
- Access the case of the device.
- Ensure that no paper or any other element is stuck within.
- In case any paper or any other unwanted element is found, remove it.
- Place the case of the printer.
- Now, start your Epson printer.
Fix 6: Take out the Device’s Cartridge
While using your Epson printer, you may be coming across some problems that may be responsible for the Epson code 0x69 error. There can be chances that your device’s cartridge may be causing it. Therefore, we will advise you to remove your printer’s cartridges. Prior to removing the cartridges, ensure that the device is completely off.
Fix 7: Implement the Troubleshooting Tool of Microsoft
Microsoft has been providing the users with a troubleshooting tool for dealing with printing problems. When an Epson printer user is faced by these problems or error codes like 0x69, this tool can be used. You can open your browser and search for this tool. Then you can start downloading and installing this tool. When the installation is over, you can start running the tool. Give it some time to detect the reason behind the Epson.com error code 0x69. Once the reason has been found, use the tool to repair the error code.
Fix 8: Clean Epson Printer’s Printhead and Nozzle
As has been reported by certain users of Epson printers, the dirty printhead and nozzles of their devices were resulting in the error 0x69. As these parts were cleaned and the dirt was completely removed from them, their Epson printers started working in the correct way.
Should you too like to clean these parts, you can turn off your machine, check for the Ink Out light, run the printing software for Epson, and then go to the Utility tab. In this tab, you will find the Head Cleaning option. You will be provided with the instructions to use this option when the selection is made for the same. After following these instructions, error 0x69 in Epson printers will stop making its appearance.
More details relating to this fix can be found below:
- Turn on your Epson printer.
- Ensure that the “Ink Out” light is not lit.
Please Note: The flashing of the “Ink Out” light can suggest that your printer’s printhead cannot be cleaned. In that case, the ink cartridge will have to be replaced. Afterwards, you can clean the printhead.
- Now, open the software for your Epson printer.
- Then rush to the tab named “Utility”.
- Select the button for “Head Cleaning”.
- You will receive certain instructions on your screen. You can follow them to continue.
Please Note: While the instructions are being carried out by you, the “Power” and “Ink” lights will start flashing. Make sure that you do not power off your Epson printer in the midst of this cleaning cycle.
- Wait for the “Power” light to stop making flashes.
- Then select the option of “Print Nozzle Check Pattern”. This option will be available in the dialog box for “Head Cleaning”.
- Go through the nozzle check pattern once it gets printed. Ensure that the nozzles are now clean.
Please Note: While checking the nozzle check pattern that just got printed, if the nozzles are not dirty, then the print will be absolutely flawless. On the other hand, if the nozzles need to be cleaned further, then the print sample may not be clear. In that case, you can initiate the head cleaning cycle once again. Then you will have to print the nozzle check pattern one more time. This process can be repeated for as long as the nozzle check pattern does not produce satisfying results.
Fix 9: Try Checking Windows Registry
Many of you would understand that any issues with the Windows registry can result in unexpected problems. The error code 0x69 is one of those problems. To check whether the registry is problematic, you can head to Search and write regedit in it. As the Registry opens, you can choose the option of Computer. Followed by this, you have to click on Export by visiting the menu of File.
To know the further steps for checking the issues with the registry in Windows, you can read the 7 steps mentioned as follows:
- Click Windows + R.
- Write “regedit” in it.
- Hit “Enter”.
- In the window of the “Registry”, select “Computer” from the left.
- Then click on “Export” via “File”.
- Now, tap on “All”.
- Finally, press “Save”.
After saving, you will be able to know whether or not there are any issues with the Windows registry. In case you find any issues, repair them to get over the Epson 0x69 error.
Fix 10: Remove Hardware Issues
Epson printer models like WF7610, L1455, etc., that are facing hardware issues can also surface the error code 0x69. To remove the hardware issues on your device as well, you can check that the cartridges have been installed in the correct slots. Additionally, you can ensure that your printer’s parts are not affected by jammed paper or unwanted elements. Also, see to it that no dust is found inside your Epson printer.
- Access your machine’s lid.
- Check that the ink cartridges are installed in the right slots. If not, then make the necessary changes.
- Close the case of the cartridge.
- Power off your machine.
- Remove any power connections made to your Epson printer.
- Also, take out the USB port if it is connected to your printer.
- Access your machine’s printer cover.
- Check for the presence of jammed pieces of paper inside your printer.
- Ensure that the printer rollers are not clogged. In addition, check that no blockages can be found around the carriage and printhead region.
- See to it that no dust is building inside the device.
- Remove any plastic pull tabs.
- Fix the loose parts, if found.
- Also, ensure that no spilled ink is present inside.
- Now, attach all the cables to your printer.
- Start the device and try using its functions. Check whether or not the error 0x69 has been resolved.
Fix 11: Clean the Clogged Nozzles via Wet Paper Towel
The error code 0x69 in Epson printers can emerge when their nozzles are clogged. To unclog them, you can power off your Epson printer and disconnect it from your computer or laptop. You can head towards cleaning the nozzles by opening the case and accessing the printhead. With a wet paper towel, you can initiate the cleaning process.
The cleaning process for unclogging the nozzles has been elaborated below:
- Your printer should not be turned on while initiating this fix. If it is on, then turn it off.
- Remove the power supply from your printer.
- Ensure that your printer and PC are not connected.
- In this step, the printer’s case has to be opened.
- Use a paper towel and fold it in such a way that it easily fits below your Epson printer’s printhead.
- Now, wet the nozzles of your device.
Please Note: While you wet the nozzles of your Epson printer, make sure that a suitable fluid for cleaning this part is used. Also, check that the fluid has a certain amount of ammonia present in it.
- Now, the paper towel has to be soaked. Then place it between the region in which your device’s printhead moves.
- Now, place the printhead of your device in the centre. Ensure that the tissue gets positioned below it.
- Let your device stay idle for at least 12 hours.
- After 12 hours are complete, a document has to be printed to test how successful this fix has been.
We hope that once these instructions have been correctly followed by you, the error code 0x69 will stop occurring on your Epson printer. In case this fix did not work, ensure that all the instructions were followed in the correct way.
Fix 12: Resolve Connection Problems
Faulty connection is a usual cause of the Epson error code 0x69. To resolve it, you can check that the cables used in the connection are not faulty. In case you find that a cable is yielding the 0x69 error code, you can try changing or replacing it. In addition to this, if the port is not correctly working, then you can change that as well.
- Prior to installing your device, check that the connection is not faulty.
- In case cable issues between your system and scanner are seen, resolve them.
- If any cable is problematic, remove it.
- Also, do away with the port if it is disrupted.
Fix 13: Update Your Epson Printer’s Driver
Another fix for doing away with the 0x69 Epson error is to update the printer’s driver if needed. To install the updates for the same, you can launch the Device Manager and locate your driver. By right-clicking on the Epson printer driver, you can find the option for updating it.
You can also prefer reading the steps shown as follows:
- Select “Start”.
- Input “Device Manager” in the space for searching.
- Press “Enter”.
- Choose your printer’s driver. Right-tap on it to enter the menu for updating the driver.
- Then select the option to update your device’s driver.
- Once the updates get installed, check for the presence of the 0x69 error code.
Fix 14: Connect with Epson Helpline Service
Connecting with the Epson Helpline Service should be the last measure to take. This measure will be recommended by us only if the Epson error 0x69 could not be resolved by now. The helpline service of the company will help you in identifying the cause of concern. It will also guide you in adopting the most suitable fix for getting rid of the Epson printer issue.
Important: The troubleshooting measures given in this post can be used for fixing the Epson printer code 0x69 on a range of models. Some of these models are inclusive of the Epson WF-3620 Printer, Epson WF-3640 Printer, Epson WF-7610 Printer, Epson WF-7620 Printer, Epson L1455 Printer, etc.
On different models of Epson printers like Epson WF-3620 and WF-3640 Printers, the 0x69 error can be seen when hardware problems occur. The error can also be witnessed when the important files relating to your printer are missing, the OS has been misconfigured, or the Windows registry is faulty. The easiest way to troubleshoot the problem, as we read, was to run the rebooting process for your printer. Additionally, we educated you about several other ways to fix this error code along with the needed instructions. We hope that you found these ways worth implementing on your device. Let us know which fix worked the best for you.