If you use QuickBooks accounting software, you must have been managing online banking within the QuickBooks Desktop app. To make your duties convenient, you might require a merge vendors tool in QuickBooks. Luckily, QuickBooks has now come up with a new feature called merge vendors in QuickBooks.
With a bunch of its smart features, the users can now easily merge vendors in Desktop 2019 or earlier versions as well. Let’s know how to merge vendors in QuickBooks desktop app.
The blog has a focal point on the following ideas about merging vendors in QuickBooks.
What is Merge Vendors Feature in QuickBooks
The purpose of building this merge vendor feature in QuickBooks is to make it convenient for you to see all the transactions. Duplicate entries in customers or vendors list make it difficult for the users to search for specific transaction history. Hence, it is developed for duplicate entries.
The double vendors feature helps a user to combine around 4 vendors at a time. This will allow you to consolidate all transactions and update all information as per the requirement. As a result, you can see the whole transaction in one place. In addition to it, merging vendors will save your efforts and time.
Earlier to this, many professional users of QuickBooks probably were not sure if they could merge vendors in QuickBooks Desktop. But QuickBooks Desktop Accountant and Enterprise assist you to merge vendors in QuickBooks easily.
Therefore, in this article, you will learn how you can use this feature in order to merge vendors in QuickBooks.
Benefits of Merging Vendors in QuickBooks
As mentioned earlier, by merging vendors in your QuickBooks Desktop, you can easily combine all the transactions in one place. With this merge vendors feature, you are not required to enter transactions repeatedly from time to time to update information.
The process of merging vendors helps you to delete one vendor and then re-assign the data for the other vendor. However, you need to keep one thing in mind that this process cannot be reversed. The deletion and transfer are permanent so be careful while updating transaction details in QuickBooks Desktop.
Things to Remember Before You Merge Vendors in QuickBooks Desktop
If you are going to merge vendors, you will have to take care of a few things before merging vendors in QuickBooks Desktop.
- The first thing is to ensure that you create a backup of your QuickBooks company file to be on the safe side.
- Then, you need to change the file name to ‘Single User Mode’.
- Also, make sure that there are no incomplete accountant changes in QuickBooks.
- It is suggested that you do not use Accountant Copy File (.QBA).
- Ensure that the Multi-currency option is turned off.
- The vendors you are going to merge should not be direct deposit vendors, tax-exempted, or paid online.
After you ensure the above-mentioned steps, you can go ahead to merge vendors in QuickBooks Desktop. Below are the following ways through which you can easily merge vendors in QuickBooks.
The method of merging vendors can be different for QuickBooks Desktop 2019 and 2018 or earlier versions. The article covers steps for both QuickBooks Desktop 2019 and 2018. Let’s read how do you merge vendors in QuickBooks online.
Can You Merge Vendors in QuickBooks 2019?
If you are thinking about how do I merge two vendors in QuickBooks 2019 then you can jump to the following instructions given below:
- First of all, you will have to access merge vendors windows with the following steps.
- For the QuickBooks Desktop Accountant users, you can go to the Accountant menu and choose the Client Data Review option, and select Merge Vendors.
- For the QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise users, you can go to the Company menu and select Accounting Tools and click on Merge Vendors.
- Next to this, you will have to select all the vendors that are supposed to be merged in Merge Vendors Windows. Then, you can click on Next.
- After that, choose a Master Vendor option and hit the Merge button.
- When you see the confirmation prompt on your screen, click on Yes and then hit OK on the Merge Complete window.
These are the easy steps for how to merge 2 vendors in QuickBooks online. All you have to pick all the vendors and put them to merge.
How Do I Merge Two Vendors in QuickBooks Online 2018?
Most users asked can I merge vendors in QuickBooks or can I merge two vendors in QuickBooks desktop in 2018. The answer is yes. To do so, you can go through the following steps:
- To merge vendors in QuickBooks 2018 or older versions, you can go to the Vendors menu and choose the Vendor Center.
- On the vendor name, you need to click right and select the Edit Vendor option.
- Now here, you can copy the name of the vendor.
- Next to this, click on Cancel in order to return to the Vendor Center.
- At this point, you will have to click again on the vendor name to merge and choose the Edit Vendor option.
- Now you can change the Vendor name with the one you copied just above and hit the OK button.
- In the end, your screen prompts to proceed, you can click Yes in order to merge vendors in QuickBooks 2018.
If you are thinking about how do I merge vendors in QuickBooks online, the steps mentioned above will help you to understand.
To Wind Up
If you want to know how to merge vendors in QuickBooks desktop, the aforementioned methods will help you. Even if you have QuickBooks Desktop 2019 or 2018, the article suggested you follow the steps based on your versions.
By merging the vendors in QuickBooks Desktop, you can combine the transactions to the master vendor and update information as required. The feature not only saves your effort but also gives a smart way to see the transactions in one place and clean the vendor list that can also include deleting details of a vendor and the transferred data to another.
If your QuickBooks scan manager could not be selected, read this guide to fix the problem. Also, learn why QuickBooks could not create the necessary PDF files.