If your Epson printer is absolutely new, then you will be setting it up for the first time. You may be thrilled to have your hands on your new printer. Make sure you don’t end up facing the Epson printer code 0xea error as a result of your excitement. This error occurs when you are not careful in handling the packaging material well. The 0xea error code can occur on not only new Epson printers but the old ones as well.
To shield your Epson printer from this error, this blog will be really helpful. Read the complete blog to know the common causes of and solutions for this Epson printer error.
What is the Epson Printer Code 0xea Error?
The error code 0xea on the Epson printer is a usual problem. Even though it can occur on old Epson printers, this error is observed more on the new ones. You may not be able to print or scan your documents until this Epson printer error code has been settled. Before we find out the solutions, let us look at the causes of this error code in the following section.
What Causes the Epson Printer Code 0xea Error?
Here, we have identified the 4 most common causes of the 0xea error code on Epson printers. These causes have been mentioned below.
1. When the packaging material is not handled with care, the carriage caddy can get jammed and cause this error
2. If the cartridge has not been properly installed to your Epson printer, then you are likely to see this error code.
3. Improper configuration of the ink cartridges is the third common cause of the Epson printer error 0xea.
4. When the Epson printer is new, the nozzle of the ink cartridge comes covered with foam. Not removing this can also cause the 0xea error code on your Epson printer.
How to Troubleshoot Epson Printer Code 0xea Error?
Fix 1: Inspect Your Epson Printer
In the first method, we will tell you how to inspect the insides of your Epson printer and remove any obstructions. Read the 7 steps given below to fix the Epson printer error 0xea.
1. First, turn off your Epson printer.
2. Detach the USB cable as well as the power cord.
3. Now, access the printer cover.
4. Inspect the insides of your device. Remove any pieces of jammed paper, tapes, or any other such material.
5. Place the printer cover back.
6. Now, turn on your Epson printer. Check whether the 0xea error code still turns up.
Note for Readers: In case the 0xea error code persists, we will suggest you to remove the ink cartridges of your Epson printer. Inspect the ink cartridges carefully. Remove any bits of paper or tape stuck to it. Then place the ink cartridges back. Check your printer for this error afterwards.
Fix 2: Turn off Your Epson Printer and Reinstall Cartridges
Many-a-times the ink cartridges are not properly installed. This can trigger the Epson printer error code 0xea. So, in the second method, we will tell you how to remove the ink cartridges from your Epson printer and then install them again. You can perform this method in 8 steps.
1. Turn on your Epson printer.
2. Then lift the scanner unit upwards.
3. Now, tap the “Stop” button.
Note for Readers: In case the cartridge is low or expended, the print head will move it to the indicator position. Then you will have to tap the “Stop” button again to check for more expended or low cartridges. When all the cartridges have been checked, the print head will come to the replacement position. Avoid moving it with your hands or else you will damage this part. If the cartridges are not expended or low, the print head will not move. To replace the cartridge, tap the “Stop” button for at least 6 seconds to place it in the replacement position.
4. Now, press the tab on the cartridge to lift it up. Keep it straight while removing it.
5. Check the cartridge for anything stuck to it.
6. Next, insert the cartridge again. Press it downwards until you hear a clicking sound.
7. Lower down the scanner unit.
8. Tap the “Stop” button to move the print head to the home position. The printer light will flash. When the light stops flashing, the ink charging will be complete.
Fix 3: Ensure the Configuration of Cartridges
Improper configuration of the cartridges of your Epson printer can also result in the 0xea error code. This is usually the case when the device is new. Therefore, we will suggest you to ensure that the configuration is correct.
Fix 4: Launch Smart Troubleshooter Tool
The Epson printer code 0xea error can be resolved with the help of the Smart Troubleshooter tool. This tool will help you identify the cause of the error code and then fix it. In addition to that, if there are any other bugs, then these too will be settled by using this tool. Let us see the steps to use the Smart Troubleshooter Tool.
1. Download the “Smart Troubleshooter Tool” on your system.
2. Choose the option of “Scan now”.
3. Wait until the tool scans your device for the error.
4. When the scanning process is complete, press the “Fix” icon.
5. Allow the tool some time to fix the error.
6. When the problem has been fixed by the tool, restart your Epson printer.
Fix 5: Run Epson 0xea Repair Tool
The Epson 0xea Repair Tool offers another great way to fix the Epson printer error code 0xea on your device. In case you have no idea how to use this tool, you can consider the 8-step procedure given below.
1. Visit the official website of Epson printers.
2. Download the “Epson 0xea Repair Tool” on your system.
3. When the download is complete, install the “Epson 0xea Repair Tool”.
4. After the installation, open the tool and press the “Scan Now” button.
5. Wait until the tool completes the scanning process.
6. Then press the “Fix” button. The tool will now begin to fix the problem.
7. Restart your Epson printer when the process is complete.
8. Print a test page to check that the error has been resolved.
Note for Readers: You can use the solutions mentioned in this blog for fixing the 0xea error code on the Epson WF 2630 Printer and the Epson L565 Printer.
Coming to an End
Multiple Epson printer users have found this blog helpful for troubleshooting the 0xea error code on their devices. We are sure that this blog will help you too to fix this Epson printer error on your device. Let us know how much you loved reading this blog in the comment section below. Your feedback is valuable to us.
Also, check out our recent post on Epson printer offline. It is worth a read!