Is the Netflix code nw-1-19 error constantly bothering you? Don’t fret a bit! Be it on your smart TV, Blu-ray Player, Roku, Xbox device, PS3, PS4, or any other Netflix streaming device, our tech experts have gathered every fix you need. Read this guide for the best troubleshooting methods for Netflix code nw-1-19 error. In this guide, we will walk you through the most reliable step-by-step solutions to fix the problem straight away.
What does NW-1-19 Mean on Netflix?
The Netflix nw-1-19 error code is encountered by almost every Netflix user. This is a network connectivity problem that will prevent connecting your streaming device to Netflix services. While sometimes the Netflix error code nw-1-19 may be due to an internet connection issue, at other times, it may be the result of a bug in the app or your streaming device.
How to Fix Netflix code nw-1-19 Error?
In the following sections, you will find different solutions for the Netflix code nw-1-19 error on different devices. Our tech experts have tried these solutions and they work brilliantly in clearing this error.
Fix 1: Check Network Support on Streaming Device
You will see the Netflix code nw-1-19 error on your streaming device when your network does not support the streaming services of this application. This is likely to happen when you are using public Wi-Fi. You can use cellular data to skip this error.
Fix 2: Ensure Internet is Connected to Streaming Device
Many-a-times, the device on which you are streaming the Netflix app may not be connected to the internet. That is why the Netflix code nw-1-19 error will emerge. So, always ensure that your streaming device has an internet connection in place. Check that the internet is working by using any other internet-based application. Alternatively, you can run a connection test too.
Fix 3: Restart Home Network
Restarting the home network will prevent a wide range of bugs, such as the Netflix error code nw-1-19, from attacking your streaming device. It takes only 5 steps to restart the home network. See them below.
1. Plug out your streaming device.
2. Plug out your modem for 30 seconds.
3. Plug in the modem and wait till all its lights stop blinking.
4. Plug in your streaming device and turn it on.
5. Now, launch Netflix.
Fix 4: Directly Connect Streaming Device to Modem
When network connectivity issues result in the Netflix error nw-1-19, connecting the streaming player to the modem directly can help clear the problem. Here is how to establish this connection directly.
1. Ensure that your streaming device is off.
2. Connect your streaming device to the modem via an Ethernet cable.
3. Plug out the modem for 30 seconds.
4. Plug in the modem and allow the lights to settle.
5. Start the streaming device and open Netflix.
Fix 5: Restore Default Internet Settings
Did you recently change the internet connection settings? If yes, then that may be the chief cause of the nw-1-19 error code Netflix on your streaming device. Restore the default settings to resolve the error quickly. Also, disable the VPN/proxy service, if connected, and connect directly to the home network. You can reset your streaming device for automatic DNS settings as well.
Fix 6: Boost Signal Strength of Wi-Fi
When you keep facing the error Netflix nw-1-19 code on your streaming device, we will suggest you to consider these 3 tips to boost the signal strength of your Wi-Fi.
1. Keep the router away from wireless devices to avoid wireless interference.
2. Ensure the router sits on a higher position, like a desk, and not on the floor.
3. Try placing the router in another location and check the strength.
How to Fix Netflix Code NW-1-19 on Blu-ray Player?
For those of you who are seeing the Netflix code nw-1-19 error on your Blu-ray Player, we have just the right fix. Let us move further and read how this can help you stream Netflix again on your device.
Fix 1: Restart Blu-ray Player
Restarting your Blu-ray Player is the third simple fix. If there is any bug in the device or in the application that is causing the Netflix nw-1-19 error code, it will be settled via this procedure. Your device can be restarted in just 4 steps.
1. Plug out your Blu-ray Player for a minute.
2. Keeping it unplugged, tap its “Power” button to discharge completely. In case your Blu-ray Player lacks a “Power” button, then plug out the device for 3 minutes.
3. Now, plug in your device and turn it on.
4. Then stream Netflix error-free.
How to Fix Netflix Code NW-1-19 on PlayStation 3?
We have found the top 3 fixes for the Netflix code nw-1-19 error on PS3. These include testing the internet connection on PS3, restarting it, and verifying its DNS settings. Scroll below to read more about these solutions.
Fix 1: Test Internet Connection on PlayStation 3
The error nw-1-19 code on Netflix on your PlayStation 3 will be generated when your internet connection is faulty. This error can be easily corrected by confirming whether the connection is alright. Perform an internet connection test on PS3 in 5 steps.
1. Open the PS3 main menu and go to the “Settings”.
2. Click on “Network settings”.
3. Now, choose the option of “Internet connection” and set it to “Enabled”.
4. Then click on “Internet Connection Test”.
5. When you connect to the internet, verify the time as well as date settings. In case you cannot connect to the internet, there may be a network issue.
Fix 2: Restart PlayStation 3
The second fix is to restart your PlayStation 3 to troubleshoot the Netflix code nw-1-19 error. Learn how to restart your PS3 in 5 steps.
1. Plug out the PS3 for a minute.
2. Keeping the console unplugged, tap and hold its “Power” button.
3. Then plugin the PS3 to the power again.
4. Press the “Power” button to turn it on.
5. Now, launch Netflix.
Fix 3: Verify DNS Settings on PlayStation 3
Verifying the DNS settings on your PS3 is the third-best solution to clear the Netflix code nw-1-19 error. This effective way requires you to do the 15 steps given below.
1. Open the PS3 main menu and click on “Settings”.
2. Open the “Network settings”.
3. Now, go to “Internet connection settings” and tap “Ok” to confirm.
4. The next step is to tap on “Custom”.
5. Select “Wired Connection”/”Wireless”.
6. If you choose “Wireless”, then tap “Enter manually” in the “WLAN” section. Open the “IP address setting” by tapping the right direction button thrice. The previous “SSID”, “Password”, and “Security setting” will be automatically generated.
7. If you choose “Wired”, then click on “Auto-detect” to enter the “Operation mode”.
8. For “IP address setting”, choose “Automatic”.
9. For “DHCP host name”, choose “Do not set”.
10. For “DNS setting”, choose “Automatic”.
11. For “MTU”, choose “Automatic.
12. For “Proxy server”, choose “Do not use”.
13. For “UPnP”, tap “Enable”.
14. Save the settings by hitting the “X” button.
15. Finally, choose “Test connection”. Access the Netflix app in case of a successful connection test.
How to Fix Netflix Code NW-1-19 on PlayStation 4?
Just like we resolved the Netflix nw-1-19 error code on PS3, we can use these methods to fix this problem on PS4 as well. The steps involved in these methods will be different for this device. Read these steps carefully to enjoy watching shows on Netflix again on your PS4.
Fix 1: Test Internet Connection on PlayStation 4
Run the internet connection test on your PS4 to resolve the Netflix nw-1-19 error code. See the following steps.
1. Open the “Home screen” of PS4.
2. On the device’s D-pad, tap “Up”.
3. Choose “Settings” and “Network”.
4. Tap on “Test internet connection”.
5. Now, run Netflix.
Fix 2: Restart PlayStation 4
The second fix for the Netflix error code nw-1-19 involves restarting the PS4. This process is only 3 steps long.
1. Plug out the PS4 for 1 minute.
2. Plug it in again and press the “Power” button.
3. Open Netflix and check if the error has been fixed.
Fix 3: Verify DNS Settings on PlayStation 4
In this fix, we will tell you how to verify the DNS settings on your PS4 to troubleshoot the Netflix error nw-1-19 code. The DNS settings can be verified in 11 steps.
1. Open the “Settings” from the PS4 main menu.
2. Click on “Network”.
3. Now, choose “Set up internet connection”.
4. Then select “Use Wi-Fi” or “Use a LAN cable”.
5. For a wireless connection, click on “Custom” and tap “Use Wi-Fi”. Then choose the name of the Wi-Fi network.
6. For a wired connection, click on “Custom” and select “Operation mode”.
7. For “IP address setting”, choose “Automatic”.
8. For “DHCP host name”, choose “Do not specify”.
9. For “MTU settings”, choose “Automatic”.
10. For “Proxy server”, choose “Do not use”.
11. Next, click on “Test connection”. When it is successful, run Netflix.
How to Fix Netflix Code NW-1-19 on Roku?
In this part of the blog, you can explore 2 solutions for Roku 1, Roku 2, and Roku 3. For all these solutions, we have listed the steps that are easy to follow.
Fix 1: Test Internet Connection on Roku
To stop the nw-1-19 error code Netflix on Roku 1, Roku 2, Roku 3, you can test the internet connection as one of the basic solutions. The procedures for each of these devices have been shown below.
Test Internet Connection on Roku 1:
1. Click on “Settings” on the “Home” screen of Roku.
2. Now, tap “Network.
Test Internet Connection on Roku 2 & MHL Streaming Stick:
1. Launch the “Home” screen of Roku for “Settings”.
2. Click on “Network”.
3. Tap “Connection Status”.
Test Internet Connection on Roku 3 & HDMI Streaming Stick:
1. Go to the Roku “Home” screen and select “Settings”.
2. Choose “Network”.
3. Here you will find a “Network connection” with a check mark. Select it.
4. You can check the information about the status of the “Network connection” displayed on the right.
Note: Seek help at the support website of Roku when the “Connection status” says “Unable to connect”.
Fix 2: Restart Roku
Restarting Roku to clear the error Netflix nw-1-19 code requires less effort. Check the 4 steps given here to restart the device.
1. Plug out Roku for 10 seconds.
2. Plug in Roku back to power.
3. Press any button on the device’s remote to turn it on.
4. Try Netflix after a minute.
How to Fix Netflix Code NW-1-19 on Set-top Box?
You can do away with the Netflix Code NW-1-19 on your streaming media player or set-top box with an easy fix. More information has been provided about this fix in the following section.
Fix 1: Restart Set-top Box
Restarting your set-top box or streaming media player can solve a number of problems. It can troubleshoot the error nw-1-19 code on Netflix too. Read the following 4 steps to restart it.
1. First, unplug the set-top box for a minute.
2. Press and hold the “Power” button of the set-top box for a few seconds. In case of no “Power” button, keeping the device unplugged for 3 minutes will be the best alternative.
3. Plug in the set-top box and turn it on.
4. Now, stream Netflix.
How to Fix Netflix Code NW-1-19 on Smart TV?
If the Netflix error code nw-1-19 is constantly disappointing you on your Smart TV, then there is one outstanding solution you can follow. This solution involves restarting your smart TV. To learn more about it, continue reading this blog.
Fix 1: Restart Smart TV
The Netflix error nw-1-19 on smart TV will prevent you from connecting to this app and watch anything on it. Restarting your smart TV is a quick way out. Find the steps right here.
1. Start with plugging out your smart TV.
2. Press the “Power” button of your smart TV and hold it for 5 seconds. If your smart TV has no “Power” button, then plug it out for 3 minutes.
3. Next, plug in your smart TV and turn it on.
4. Finally, check whether the error has been removed on Netflix.
How to Fix Netflix Code NW-1-19 on Xbox One?
It is common to find the Netflix error nw-1-19 code halting the users from using the app on Xbox One. If you are also one of these users, then you will definitely benefit from the 2 fixes we have shown below.
Fix 1: Test Internet Connection on Xbox One
Movies or shows will fail to load on this app if the error nw-1-19 Netflix Xbox One occurs. Testing the internet connection on your Xbox One is an excellent way to deal with this error. Here you can learn the 5 steps to test it on your Xbox One.
1. Hit the “Menu” button on the controller of your Xbox One.
2. Tap on “Settings”. You can also go to “Settings” directly if you are on the “Home” screen.
3. Under “Settings”, choose “All settings”. Go to the fourth step if this option is unavailable.
4. Click on “Network” and choose “Network settings”.
5. Tap “Test Network Connection”. Open Netflix when the test is successful.
Fix 2: Check DNS Settings on Xbox One
Now, we will tell you how to check the DNS settings of your device to remove the error nw-1-19 Netflix Xbox One. Take a look at the following steps.
1. Go to the “Settings” from Xbox One’s “Home” screen. Or tap the “Menu” button on the controller to access the “Settings”.
2. Now, choose “All settings”.
3. Click on “Network” and select “Network settings”.
4. Open “Advanced settings”.
5. Choose “DNS settings” and tap on “Automatic”.
6. Save the settings by pressing the “B” button.
7. Lastly, try the Netflix app.
How to Fix Netflix Code NW-1-19 on Xbox 360?
Checking the DNS settings as well as testing the internet connection can also help you in troubleshooting the nw-1-19 error code Netflix on your Xbox 360. Let us grasp more about these 2 methods in the following sections.
Fix 1: Test Internet Connection on Xbox 360
To resolve the error nw-1-19 Netflix Xbox 360, you can follow the 5-step procedure given below. This procedure can solve the error immediately.
1. Open “Settings” from the main “Menu” of your Xbox 360.
2. Tap “System settings”.
3. Then open “Network settings”.
4. Choose “Wireless network”/”Wired network”.
5. Tap “Test Xbox Live Connection” and click on “Continue”. When the result is successful, you can stream Netflix.
Fix 2: Check DNS Settings on Xbox 360
In this section, we will tell you how to fix the error nw-1-19 Netflix Xbox 360 by checking the DNS Settings on the device. This fix can be performed in just 7 steps.
1. On the Xbox 360’s controller, tap the “Guide” button.
2. Open the “Settings” and choose “System settings”.
3. Now, choose “Network settings”.
4. Click on “Configure network”.
5. The fifth step involves selecting the “DNS settings” and clicking on “Automatic”.
6. Next, turn off and on your Xbox 360.
7. The final step is to start the Netflix app.
How to Fix Netflix Code NW-1-19 on Samsung TV?
Has the error Netflix nw-1-19 code been bothering you on your Samsung TV lately? We know one fix that will help you eradicate this problem on the device. Continue to read further to find this fix.
Fix 1: Update Samsung TV Software and Reinstall Netflix
In this part of the blog, you will find a detailed solution to remove the Netflix code nw-1-19 error on Samsung TV. Take a look at the following 12 steps to execute this solution.
1. Begin with restarting your Samsung TV.
2. If you use an Ethernet cable, check that it has been properly attached.
3. Ensure that the correct wireless network has been connected to the device and the wireless network password is correct too.
4. The fourth step is to uninstall and reinstall the Netflix app from your Samsung TV.
5. Now, open the “Menu” of the TV.
6. Next, select “Support”.
7. Click on “Software update”. Ensure that the current version has been installed.
8. Now, open the “Menu” again.
9. Select “SmartHub” and then “SmartHub Reset”.
10. You will be required to provide the correct PIN to proceed.
11. Then check that the streaming plan is right and also renew it if needed.
12. Download any updates available for the Netflix app. Then log out and log in again.
Let’s Wind Up
The Netflix code nw-1-19 error may seem like a big problem. In this blog, we have tried to help you with every fix and tip to smoothly clear the error away. We solved your problem, didn’t we? Allow us to solve your other problems too! If the Netflix code ui-800-2 or Netflix tvq pm 103 is not letting you watch TV shows on the app, then explore our solutions in just a tap.